Wanted: Ebay Competitor

lancemb

I have had it with Ebay. As a seller, they have stripped away ability to leave feedback for deabeat buyers who bid up items then don't pay, and saddled on more and more fees. As a buyer, then have created "tools" that allow some sellers to attach tags to items that "fit" cars which don't fit at all, making it cumbersome and lengthy to do a general search for OEM parts for old cars without having to sift through garbage.

If anyone feels similarly and can tackle the software design on a simple auction site, I'd love to start a simple site just for old cars and parts, which allows honest 2-WAY feedback, has no BS products intermingled, and low fees. I have extensive Ebay experience and business knowledge.

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)

Guest Nomosnow

I'm a dinosaur that knows practically nothing about computers but I sure like your idea !E-bay is even taking a percentage of the shipping cost (which is ridiculous) I've just about had it w/them.

I think it (an alternative site focues on car parts) has been done with limited success. E-bay has a critical mass that is tough to beat, and they are gradually taking more of the pie..

When possible I always try to buy and sell on this and a couple other marque specific forums, ideally with "regulars". I have done pretty well here with my nickle and dime parts, but probably this would not support much more than a hobbyist trying to clear spares. More importantly though, I like the thought of making things available to and buying from other forum members when possible. Just another avenue for you if you have not tried it already. :)

More wonderful ebay facts.

If you're a powerseller you are about to lose your 20 percent discount unless you provide tracking for every item you ship, ship everything out within 1 day and offer a no questions asked 14 day return policy where you are responsible for the shipping.

Tracking is available if you use Ebay shipping service which charges you based on the estimated shipping cost not actual and gives you the Ebay shipping discount. However no one points out that ebay pays a lesser Bulk rate for postage so they are actually making money on your shipping fees by selling you postage at a markup.

The Lawyers have figured all the angles out haven't they.

I'm in but where do you start.

I think this has been bounced around on this site before.

It's hard to try to be competitive against an online Walmart type Company.

randyshotrods (9400) feedback rating @ 100%

The worst part is buyers have stopped looking at any item that isn't a Buy-It-Now new item from a major retailer. I've sold books and manuals on eBay for 12 years now, and have finally just given up myself.

Among the leftovers I currently have on auction are vintage Austin Healey and VW Clymer manuals. 5-6-7 years ago those books would have 50-60 hits, and would sell for 2-3X the prices I have them listed for. Both are now almost up, in the single digits for hits, and are up for at least the second time each after not selling. (I was floored when no bids came in on the Healey book the first time.)

It is now a catalog clearing house, not a flea market/auction site for hobbyists. The used parts I used to find for my Triumph have pretty much disappeared like my manuals are about to.

Maybe swap meets will come back.:)

With all of the other forums out there, such as this wonderful site, HCCA, prewarcar.com, Ford Barn, etc, etc, etc, I find virtually no reason to use Ebay anymore. The last straw for me was when I checked my Ebay one morning and found 15 ATV, off road four wheelers listed for sale under my name-which, of course, were not mine and I never listed! Of course, I immediately canceled the listings and reported it to Ebay (just try to get Ebay to actually respond to something) and Ebay tried to get nearly 200.00 in fees from me for listing these vehicles.

The one thing that Ebay does have to its advantage is that people who are not in the know, who don't know what the AACA is, or any other car club for that matter, do list cars and parts on there and, there are also buyers who shop there that do not know about any of the clubs or other websites.

I hate eBay! They once had an amazing product, but now all of it's appeal has been eroded by eBay themselves. Customer service is non-existant. I was tossed out of eBay 14 years ago when I sold a ECU chip for a 92 Ranger and CLEARLY listed all specs and the Mfg's website along with a CLEAR "NO RETURN" policy. Some twit bought it then 2 months later determined it wouldn't fit his 1970 Bronco. DUH! I refused to refund on a static sensitive electronic part that clearly would not fit his intended application. Why was I tossed? eBay said I (100%, 101 pos. feedback) did not provide enough information to the 2000+ powerseller! Hummm?? Since I have shared an account with my nephew so it's not like I cried when I was tossed! ;)

Yes I am beyond fed up with eBays policy that allows seat covers, hubcaps, unrelated hardware, and misc crap that does not fit the application and completely ignoring complaints of any kind. Once I filter out the crap sellers and crap, the results usually dwindle from 200-300 down to 30-50 that actually relate to an Amphicar. I know this is rampant with any make.

eBay is generally hated and so far nobody has tried to step up and create a product that can compete with a deep pocket company with out a conscience. They have a great concept but really need to pull back and stop basing decisions on greed while hiding behind a keyboard and only supporting only the powersellers at the expense of the masses who are what truely props them up. What's a "powerseller" without customers? A power-less-seller!

I agree that ebay is a pest with all the "fits" junk. It is border line deception. Why don't we all use the buy/ sell section of the AACA website as a first option? No fees and we can assume the folks on the site are responsible car folks. Ron

Check out HAMB (yeah, I know it's Hot Rodders). They have an active marketplace on their forum and a iron-fisted moderator who keeps them all in line. After 540 satisfied buyers I sold an expensive, and exceptional antique grille and surround on Ebay to a guy on the opposite coast. I listed it "pick up only"; but he begged me to ship it,and like an idiot............. As soon as it arrived, my nightmare came true. He trumped up all kinds of issues that simply didn't exist. I offered a full refund plus free shipping and he declined- instead he extorted a partial refund and promised "no feedabck will be entered". As soon as he got the money he gave me venemous feedback. I contacted Ebay and sent them actual emails where he made the no-feedback promise. Ebay flat out refused to do anything. They simply toss the seller under the bus as soon as the buyer asks. My lesson: the big expensive stuff goes to Carlisle, Hershey, or pick up at my house. The small, cheap to ship and return, stuff goes on Ebay. Oh yeah, if the commissions get much higher we might as well give it all to Goodwill- at least you get a tax deduction for that!

I have found that if I post that I am looking for something, then someone will contact me with the item I am looking for, or know someone who has it! Some items just aren't available. I still purchase on ebay and my last listings of "for sale items" are petering out of time.

We have "fishers" here on the buy/sell forum, but they are easy to figure out. I do more searches on Craiglist than anywhere. Only problem is that items stay "listed" after they are long gone and you really have to file through a lot of expired listings.

Matt

Guest bofusmosby

I still buy items on Ebay, and I usually do not by things that have a "buy-it-now" price. Sometimes I do, but not usually. It is true that there are some good deals to be found on the "buy and sell" section of the forum, but that is not nearly enough. As a matter of fact, there is no one site that is big enough, and with as much of a selection as Ebay. Now, if ALL OLD CAR CLASSIFIEDS could be brought together on one site, then you'd have something. The word would have to be spread on EVERY old car site. After that, all these sites would have to be combined to the same web site for the buy and sell sections. Is it do-able? YES! BUT, it would take a lot of work to combine all this info.

The AACA should talk about this at their next big meeting, and see what they can come up with. EVERY site that sells old car stuff would need to be notified, so that they can also take part in the forming of such a site. There could be dedicated sections for the various items. If someone is looking for a car cover, then they can look at a section that has this kind of stuff. If a person needs a head gasket for a 1936 Chevy, then this would be in another section. I too get frustrated having to look through a lot of "dime-store" stuff just to find the one old part I need.

Before anything is done, all these other sites would need to be contacted to see if they would be on board with the idea. The sellers could be charged a "reasonable" fee just to cover the site upkeep, and nothing more. It's true that we can not compete with Ebay for the most part, but if the word got out, others would know of this new site before they decided to sell on Ebay. If the place were to take off, then I believe that we could take a number of the Ebay sellers FROM Ebay.

The only problem with other sites is the non auction format. I hate to put big prices on stuff like alot of people do. I like to start evrything at a buy it for a spare if you ever thought of using it price. Often becuase I buy parts in a lot, I would lose money if everything sold at that super cheap price. With the auction Format guys pay what they think it's worth and I don't feel guilty when an item does well. I would feel guilty, if I out of the blue , I gave that number to someone. Unfortunately when you tell people to make you an offer they never do. I usually have to when I buy the parts in bulk. In the end everything works out to a fair price overall and some guys got great deals for parts, often at or less than retail cost from 40-50 years ago.

When another site can offer that then I'm in. I've tried the craigslist and even forums thing here and rarely seem to have any luck. If I'm not mistaken I think my prices I posted atleast as a starting point were inline if not cheap. There is just not enough traffic unless you are selling Trippe lights dirt cheap or similar items that fit desirable cars on here to make it really worth while.

Just my opinions of course. Hopefully some constructive ideas to add to the Ebay alternative to make it bigger and better.

Guest bofusmosby

Auburnseeker, I understand your concerns, and I believe that these are truly valid. However, if the site was set up like a forum, then that still might be possible. Look at our buy and sell section we have here. If you wanted to put something up for sale, then you could list it with a price (starting), and have it listed for a posted amount of time. Then if I see what you are selling, I offer you that amount you posted, and post this on your thread. If amphicar BUYER then sees this same thread and decides he also wants it, then he would post after me a higher amount than your starting price with was what I had originally bid. If then Dave@Moon sees this and wants to offer more, then he would post the higher amount. This can go on and on until the time is up for this item you are selling. You could tell who the winner was by simply looking at the time that the final bid was placed before the time ran out. This would also give you the seller the opportunity to put a reserve on an item, so if the price stayed way to low, then you would not have to sell it.

Bandwidth on the server shouldn't be a problem with this, because once the item is sold, then the entire thread could be erased. A bidding war could still be possible, which could run the price up much higher. Of course, you as the seller could always list a "buy it now" price too.

I'm not saying that we would want to use this type of format, but it is just one of many suggestions that would need to be heard.

Opinions?

Edited by bofusmosby (see edit history)

I've used eBay for well over 10 years, and it has gotten to be costly for a seller. Every once in a while I'll hit a home run with an item, but at the end of the month seller fees somehow make things look a lot less pleasing. Relisting items at a reduced price still costs money, and it isn't worth a third go round. The Hershey pile is getting larger. Bob

I have been selling on eBay for over 12 years and have had good results with most sales.

Recently, I joined eBid. A lot of eBayers are going there as they are fed up with the crap from eBay.

eBid Online Auctions - Buy & Sell in our Fee Free Internet Auctions for United States

They have a low fifetime membership and a lot of items for sale.

The only problem is that not much compares with selling the new auto partys that I make, on eBay.

eBid is growing and should do well, if enough people get used to using it.

It is worth a looksee.

eBay has successfully sued many similar companies because they started the "web based auction" business model, I am not sure how others who remain get around this tho but it must be a matter of specifics. Sites that sell items, and accept offers are different that auctions, and may be a good basis to avoid trouble down the road. Anyone seriously interested in pursuing this would need to research those elements at greater depth.

I will say that one master site dealing primarily with vintage parts, either used or new but for cars of a certain age or older is appealing if you could get various forums & clubs on board to support. The issue there is some clubs may not want to promote or be seen as condoning a site that they have no idea how it will turn out or if it is or will remain totally legitimate.

Recently, I joined eBid. A lot of eBayers are going there as they are fed up with the crap from eBay.

eBid is growing and should do well, if enough people get used to using it.

It is worth a looksee.

OK, so I am trying ebid, so far it's not that good! I hope it's me. I tried to post an auction for my Amphicar but it requires me to specify shipping options, the choices do not include anything that works for a car. Then it says my dimentions are too big for an envelope! DUH! It also won't allow me to start a bid only offering a buy it now option.

I am hopeful it's just me. They do have some growing pains to be sure, I am hopeful enough I did pony up the $50 for a lifetime thang.

I've been a 'dabbler' on Ebay for over ten years. and have found it quite "annoying" to keep trying to fit my sales and shipping, and listings within their ever-changing mandatory descriptions, and shipping fee estimates (before I even know where they are going and for how much?). The ever increasing charges, have been in small increments, but now total to a substantial fee, being something like 9% for the auction, plus listing fees, and then the SAME company charges another 3% or more to accept you money into Paypal account,(**But WELL worth it for the nearly instant payment, AND converting Foreign currencies, for you.) They give all kinds of guarantees to buyers (a SMALL amount who have various dishonest Schemes in mind) and ignore complaints of bidders who do not pay, and continue to list them with 100% approval feedback? etc

Those fees nearly total and match the same amount that a formal auction company charges, while the Formal auction company, lists the item, describes and photos them, handles ALL bidding and shipping arrangements and sends catalogues to focus groups of special interest buyers and advertises on special interest Internet sites,many with Internet auction bidding, they handle.

But at the end of the day, Nothing is going to compete with Ebay, that will not take years to grow into any kind of competition or service for bidders and sellers. You can put a Free ad on Craigs list, a cheap ad in your local Pennysaver, a targeted paid ad in Hemmings etc etc. but any item you sell on Ebay, is put in front of Millions of potential bidders, World-wide. Many Uniqe, rare, and Priceless (as in seller has No IDEA as to rare item's value, or where to start an Asking price) items that would Never be advertised of found at any flea market, or media ad, are dug out by individuals, world-wide, to be offered on Ebay.

i have found great and rare treasures On Ebay, where I had never seen another similar item after 43 years of avid, world-wide collecting and 43 years of contacts made in that time. I have also sold hundreds of items on Ebay at prices from 100%, to 500%, to 2000% of my starting prces, at the lowest acceptable selling price, I'd be satisfied with. Case in point. I had several hundred spark plugs I'd collectied over decades. Some I could not EVEN identify. I sold nearly 200 of them, individually, with each one having a 19.95 starting price. Many sold at prices so far over what I would have had the "nerve" to ask for, that it was quite a learning experience. It was NOT RARE for them to sell over $100 each, and even up to $260 for ONE!

Most of the items I put on Ebay are easy to pack and ship. That is key to limiting aggravation. Most of my items are rare. Many are of historical, foreign origin, and some 20% sell to foreign bidders. MANY of the bids, are surprisingly (to Me) high.

This is entirely due to the MASS of people who DO use Ebay, and the millions that it reaches. Just sold a fair number of auto and aviation publications, photos etc, a healthy percentage sold for several times my asking prices. When I get $250 for items that I "HOPED" would sell (as opposed to Not bid on) at a $50 start bid, or double or triple my minumum acceptable sale price. I know I am not going to get such results on internet lists or forums, or club sites. EVEN If I COULD guestimate the value of rare & unusual items with no comparable prices to look up. Ebay can aggravate the heck out of us, but they ALSO (can)PRODUCE results, which compensate and reward you for patience with them..

Edited by memaerobilia (see edit history)

As a buyer, then have created "tools" that allow some sellers to attach tags to items that "fit" cars which don't fit at all, making it cumbersome and lengthy to do a general search for OEM parts for old cars without having to sift through garbage.

The "fits" thing is a real pain in the butt. If you search for 1939 Buick you get seat covers for a 75 Corolla or something equally stupid. If you put quotation marks on the search ie: "1939 Buick", it cuts out a lot of the extra unwanted garbage.

I agree that ebay is nothing compared to what it used to be and what its original intent was. I no longer sell anything on it anymore. There loss.

Danny

Allow me to offer an alternative perspective:

I've had an ebay account and have been an active user since 1999. That wasn't the very beginning, but it was still in the "early days" on Ebay. In 13 years, it has changed significantly.

I beleive a positive experience with ebay depends significantly on if one is a buyer or a seller. For sellers, ebay is a true double edged sword. They have the name recognition and audience that draws millions, but they've also taken a very "buyer centric" approach over the last several years through restructuring fees, feedback, shipping, and payment methods which seems to have some sellers upset. I can understand that. I've sold exactly 3 things on ebay in 13 years, but purchased nearly 1000 items. I'm not a powerseller or what one would call a "powerbuyer," nonetheless...

As a shopper / buyer, ebay has been a very positive experience for me and no other site has come close to having such a significant impact on my hobby and collecting life. I have found many, many, many rare, unique, and one-of-a-kind items from all over the world that I would have never seen in a newspaper classified, at flea market in who-knows-where, or at a neighborhood garage sale in some other state. In many cases the sellers don't know what they have or aren't knowledgable or motivated enough to bother with targeted ads on this forum, in Hemmings, etc., etc. Sure, I've been burned by a couple of sellers and have had shippers trash some items, but I've always been backed by Ebay and/or Paypal and they've made things right. However, I like that I can pay electronically via paypal. I like that the listings now all have photos. I like that ebay offers both the buy-it-now and auction formats. I like the selection and variety that comes with ebay being a huge, international site. I can buy parts for things like my Italian scooters from Italy, pay headache free in Euros via paypal, and have ebay standing behind me the whole time. I like the fact that as a buyer I can browse, bid, and buy items at no cost to me (aside from possible winning bids and shipping).

Also, as a buyer, I also like feeling like there is recourse if a transaction goes bad...that's almost impossible if sending a check or money order to a stranger that happens to be selling a part I want. With ebay, I have two levels of protection. First, paypal itself (a payment method sellers are required to accept these days) provides protection for buyers, and second (and I think a very important detail that most people never consider)...I ALWAYS pay via credit card. Then if something goes really wrong, I can dispute charges with my credit card company.

I've experimented the alternatives a bit. They mostly fall into the camp of having no oversight; being full of flakes, scammers, and items of questionable origin ("hot"); having no customer service or buyer protection; having very little site traffic.

What is really needed more than an all new for sale site is a really, really, really good search platform that could be tailored, per individual user specs, to search ebay, craigslist, aaca, hamb, etc., etc. to complie relevant results. Something better than google and better than sitemash (now banned from showing craigslist). I see that as the way to go...a new site for searching that is able to piggy back on the resources that already exist and that does not get into the whole business of selling. Those that decided to stick with ebay could do that, those that wanted to post on AACA could do that...so on and so on. Ideally this site to search would be free, but it would cost someone, somewhere, some real money, so perhaps this could remain viable with a modest membership fee or through the use of on-site advertising.

When thinking about Ebay, one should also not forget that Ebay is a publically traded company acting in the interest of its shareholders (ie to make as much money for them as possible). One way to make changes would be to become a shareholder (I am not) and get yourself some voting rights. Also consider that ebay owns a significant percentage of craigslist in an effort to control competition and potential alternative sites.

Ebay sucks if you are only a buyer also. If you hit $10,000 in purchases you are forced to become verified which I refuse to do-means you have to Give Ebay access to your bank account or use their new credit card. For 10 years I have used my own credit card with PP. I've bitched to them several times and all they say is-SORRY!

I'll dump Ebay and PayPal before I ever link my bank account as I will never sell on Ebay..

You can buy $100,000 worth of items on Amazon with out being Verified!

You suck Ebay and PP !!!!

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

Guest bofusmosby

I know that Ebay really can't be competed against, but I am just speaking of the old cars, and the parts and stuff associated with them. Think of this. Since someone is bidding or browsing on Ebay, then we all know that they have a computer. These "old car" people also in all probability participate is some type of forum or club, so if the word were to get out, and these other sites were to be involved, they would find the site. I still believe that it would be doable, but from the very beginning, many many sites, clubs, magazines etc. would have to be on board. The last thing anyone would want to see would be just a hand full of people selling. It would have to be active enough to keep buyers coming back.

I have been toying with the idea of selling circuit boards for the flat-panel TVs on Ebay, but after reading what others have posted, now I'm not sure.

I have a checking account just for paypal.

Ebay sucks if you are only a buyer also. If you hit $10,000 in purchases you are forced to become verified which I refuse to do-means you have to Give Ebay access to your bank account or use their new credit card. For 10 years I have used my own credit card with PP. I've bitched to them several times and all they say is-SORRY!

I'll dump Ebay and PayPal before I ever link my bank account as I will never sell on Ebay..

You can buy $100,000 worth of itwms on Amazon with out being Verified!

One really bad part about eBay is that they think all sellers are crooks and that all buyers are angels.

Neither one is correct.

I use delivery confirmation on anything over $ 9.00. eBay has shown that they don't honor del conf .

They will give out a refund even though you have proof of delivery.

It sucks, but I still sell over $00,000+ yearly, in items I pick up at sales, that I go to at least 3 times a week.

Craigslist has done nothing for me in selling parts.

Guest kaycee

:)

You can buy $100,000 worth of itwms on Amazon with out being Verified!

I agree. That 10k limit before you have to give them your bank account number stinks even if your credit card is paid in full every month. But I was thinking of opening a small account in another bank to give them so I can satisfy their wants. What can they say unless they tell you that you can no longer use your credit card?

:) kaycee

I have a checking account just for paypal.

I don't want to set up any more accounts with PP or Ebay-I'm only a buyer. Once the buyers are gone so will Ebay. If you are a seller then Ebay should call the shots on being verified and requiring bank access. Not with buyers only. Another bank checking account will just cost more money. Banks are charging account fee's unless you keep a minimum of $10,000 in an account.

I hope Ebay see's the setting sun soon!

The biggest problem as scooterboy mentioned is ebay is about the only place to find the rare stuff to keep alot of our older cars going or restore them.

For example one of my cars 1936 Chrysler Airstream

parts bought from the forums during restoration or even available 0

parts bought at swap meets including Hershey Rhinebeck Stowe VT etc. 1 Hubcap to see if some aftermarket caps would fit and some bumper bolts

Parts from Craigslist 0

parts from Ebay NOS horn covers, NOS door handle, Complete pair of replacement Gauges, Cowl gasket, NOS Rumble seat lid handle, NOS wiper arms, 1 NOS wiper motor, A completely restored radio with Tuner head, NOS rear motor mounts, Super nice accessory steering wheel from a 39 Chrysler I adapted to it, Used pair of side grille mouldings, Complete stainless exhaust system, As well as parts manuals and a little other literature for it.

I know others could probably say the same for other non catalog cars out there.

As much as they are a pian and keep forcing changes upon the sellers they do seem to be the only resource for some of us to find parts, especially NOS parts.

Guest bofusmosby

I've never sold anything on Ebay, but I have spent thousands over the years buying. I agree that there are things on ebay that you might never find elswhere, but since our hobby and passion is with old cars/trucks, we would be the ones who might know about many other sites that if combines, might have a lot of bang for the buck.

I was sent a survey from eBay after the del conf ordeal.

I listed eveything I thought was wrong with the way they do business.

I was not kind about filling out the questions.

Know what their reply was??

"Thank you for selling on eBay"

If I may humbly suggest an idea to use the AACA site to move this off dead center. if the Buy/Sell forum was redivided into the same sub categeories that main forum has and each make again divided into a buy and a sell sub ctatgeory, we could use it a little better. Then if a seller has a part he could use the questions under it as a bidding area. Without too much of a set up we could conduct an auction under the forum. Each seller could list a part under his sub heading...say I wanted to list a Crosley steering wheel. I could go to the Crosley subsection under the buy sell forum and to the sell sub of that. There I would put down that I have a Crosley Steering wheel that I would have a start price of 30 dollars and want to end the bidding on may 20th. Buyer number 1 who is interested would offer in his comment 35 dollars, buyer number 2, $37.50 and so on. Last comment by May 20th midnight wins. I realize there a few potential flaws with the system but it could work.

If I may humbly suggest an idea to use the AACA site to move this off dead center. if the Buy/Sell forum was redivided into the same sub categeories that main forum has and each make again divided into a buy and a sell sub ctatgeory, we could use it a little better. Then if a seller has a part he could use the questions under it as a bidding area. Without too much of a set up we could conduct an auction under the forum. Each seller could list a part under his sub heading...say I wanted to list a Crosley steering wheel. I could go to the Crosley subsection under the buy sell forum and to the sell sub of that. There I would put down that I have a Crosley Steering wheel that I would have a start price of 30 dollars and want to end the bidding on may 20th. Buyer number 1 who is interested would offer in his comment 35 dollars, buyer number 2, $37.50 and so on. Last comment by May 20th midnight wins. I realize there a few potential flaws with the system but it could work.

I absolutely LOVE that idea!! Plus, we would not have to be weeding through steering wheel covers and seat covers to find real car parts for our cars.

If eBay were smart (I wouldn't take that bet) they would create sub-categories for vintage car parts that MUST have correct exact fitment listed, NO new generic aftermarket products (put them in a seperate category) and they must be properly described as NOS, repop, replacement or used. None of the one size fits all crap will be allowed in this area. They could even add a filter to eliminate the aftermarket new production, gen fit accessories. Won't happen because the spammers, ummm I mean "powersellers" would be offended. :mad:

I can tell you that on avg. Amphicar general search VS exact search that I created filtering out non-amphi BS turns out to be <15% of it is actually Amphi related. So >85% of it is incorrectly categorized. Sounds like even the people on "Hoarders" keep thier stuff better organized than that! I know that this describes ALL makes in various ratios.

I don't hold any hope that eBay gives a $hit about it's customers as there are too many who just keep feeding the beast so it's fat and happy. I use them only occasionally. There is no incentive to change. I can tell you that there are countless new customers who would frequent eBay if only they would listen to them... just a little. How often would you go back to a restaurant that brought you a side salad after you ordered a Filet mignon? Yup, fits on the plate, yup it's food so must be "close enough." I would place eBay's customer service at non-existant or worse yet, seller biased only. Until people rise up, the dictator called "eBay" will continue to run blindly over it's customer base. These are many of the reasons that Craigslist refuses to sell eBay more than 25% of it.

I've really grown to hate them for all the same reasons everyone has mentioned.

I've been on eBay since 1999, and in the beginning it was great!

In that time, I have only about 150 transactions as a seller and a buyer. I have used it as a resource to find parts and to earn a little project money now and then.

But slowly like the frog in a pot of water on the stove, they have "improved" it to the point it is interminably frustrating.

I found recently with some items I bought and sold, that users are not as diligent in leaving feedback as they once were.

I am so done with eBay!