Recent aquisition.Marquette by Buick.

Guest stephen48

Guest stephen48

Attached is a photo of a 1930 Marquette coupe that I recently aquired.

It is in good solid usable condition although the bumpers need restoration or replacement with a better set.

Mechanically is is very similar to my 1930 Oldsmobile!

post-76051-143138965163_thumb.jpg

Edited by stephen48 (see edit history)

Guest stephen48

Thanks for the comments. I will post some Marquette / Olds comparison pictures when I get a minute. It is raining and dark at the moment.

Guest stephen48
What really hit me was the LENGTH of the doors. I would assume the interior benefits from such.

Very neat car, good colors tooooooooo.

Dale Smith in Indy

At 6 foot I fit ok but there is not much room to spare. However behind the seat there is a storage comparment and shelf which could be reduced in size to move the seat back and that would give more leg room. I have noticed many cars I the era do not have much space for the driver.People must have been smaller back then !

• 7 months later...
Guest stephen48

After spending considerable time mig welding and filing pits and rust areas on the front bumpers I took them to an electroplater who put on considerable copper then chromed them after buffing.They turned out excellent and are now on the car as per the attached photo. I recovered the running boards and installed the correct running board trim from L & L Antique Trim USA.

Next will be the back bumperettes which are also very pitted.

post-76051-143139322563_thumb.jpg

Edited by stephen48
Typo (see edit history)