Power door locks

zoltanb

In the 88 that I recently picked up, the doors will not lock when moved from park. I have checked all the wires under the seats, fuses are good. The doors lock from inside switches and with the key. I can not find a diagram connecting the neutral safety to the door locks. I think it goes threw the ECM and the BCM but not sure. The only other thing not working are the switch lights (shift,window, headlight and wiper switches) probable a whole different problem. Thanks for the help

In most cars, the auto door lock can be disabled/enabled by the dealer.

LOL it doesnt work because the 88 doesn't have keyless entry module. The RKE module is what responds to that feature. It activates using the following:

PIN C13 GREEN w BLACK STRIPE AUTO LOCK/UNLOCK TRANSAXLE INPUT

It then outputs to the lock relay using the other wire that I'm too lazy to look up right now. :D

Guest Mc_Reatta

Looks like these automatic door locks may have been a Riviera only option.

Guess one could look at the build sheet and see if AU4 is on it.

Aside from adding an additional module to the car that might go bad, system worked along with the power door lock circuits and was connected thru two splices under the drivers seat that could go bad.

Anybody have an 88 Reatta that has this function?

Looks like these automatic door locks may have been a Riviera only option.

Guess one could look at the build sheet and see if AU4 is on it.

Aside from adding an additional module to the car that might go bad, system worked along with the power door lock circuits and was connected thru two splices under the drivers seat that could go bad.

Anybody have an 88 Reatta that has this function?

I believe you are correct. All the pages in my '88 FSM related to the ADL system have Riviera written at the top of each page.

I was semi-successful in adding ADL locking to my 88 Reatta tonight. I also added stock keyless entry (RKE) from a 92 Seville which has similar module box and remotes.

RKE input PIN C13 is hooked up to PIN G3 on C200 wiring or D3 C216 harness(es). When I took the gear out of PARK, the door locks would LOCK. They would return to UNLOCK when I put the car back in park.

The only problem I need to continue troubleshooting is TAN wire door lock output C16 from the RKE. When I would press the power unlock on the door, it would cause the lights to dim and the locks wouldn't unlock. If the car is shut off, the locks work fine from the door switch or with the tan RKE wire hooked up.

It probably has to do with the fact that I hooked the tan output directly to the F pin (black wire) on the door lock relay. It might need to go directly to the left side door lock instead of the relay. This causes me to lose the feature of staggered unlocking. In other words, pressing unlock causes both driver and passenger door to simultaneously unlock which is a non-issue for me.

For a complete 88 install, should I start a new thread covering the other details such as security? :confused:

(Attached pic shows where the C216 harness where the transaxle position info is obtained for the ADL feature.)

post-57130-143138976711_thumb.jpg