Thomas Borchers where are you?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Sal ~ Thomas is trying to fix the damned brakes on his '55 Buick Century, and I think it is keeping him quite busy. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sal, Howard and you all.<P>Nice that you miss me and before I read this posting I posted some other things.<BR>Well, we have here in Germany two large classic car forums and one especially for US Cars. On the normal classic car forum I posted a lot in the past and in the new US Car Forum also to help the owner of the Forum. <B>But</B> I have never forgotten the nice AACA Forum with the nice guys. Sometimes it is horrible to see in our normal classic car Forum how some people makes stress there. Sometimes not really friendly…<BR>Next thing is that my girlfriend Maddy and me will probably establish a furniture store here. This takes a lot of time. Also the care of our (my parents) classic cars. But before we will do the thing with the furniture, I am planning our trip to USA from May 17th to June 9th this year. <BR>Howard has right… I am glad that I can sit here in front of my computer since I had the brake problems. Actually funny : The place where my brakes failed to stop was in the town of Zetel where we plan the furniture store and the place where I have to go in the next weeks to get a permission for the store : It was the city hall of the town of Zetel. The city hall is at the corner of the street where I drove with my Century. There was a lot of traffic in the curve but I made it very close to the footpath and city hall.<BR>The pedal felt normal but the were absolutely no brakes. Maddy and me had a lot of luck this day. No damages on persons, buildings or cars. <BR>Since the master cylinder is not original I am now looking for a standard master cylinder for a low price. I mean something under $ 80,- because the Dollar is very high against the EURO. <P>Tom

Sounds like you might be in the area for the AACA Western Division Spring Meet in Sunnyvale on May 24-26. Sunnyvale is at the south end of the San Francisco Bay. I expect that a number of DFers will be there.

I have seen that there is in Sunnyvale the AACA meet but it was too late. All motels were already booked. <BR>So May 24th I will be in Torrey,UT. May 25th in Bryce Canyon and May 26th in Springdale/Zion Park. <BR>In San Francisco I will be May 17th and 18th and then again June 5th to 8th.<P>Tom

Thomas,<P> Making reservations at the host hotel in Sunnyvale was a little tricky. However, accomodations are available. After calling the local number printed in the meet brochure; I was given another telephone number especially for the group reservation. The number is: !-(408) 745-1515.<P> As if we don't have enough trouble understanding each other in the western U.S. due to differing dialects etc; now we have a new language fad particularly with younger people. Every sentence they speak; comes out sounding like a question. <P> Please don't be bashful about asking people out here to speak more slowly or to repeat what they said. We have to ask all the time.<P> Good Luck, Tom

Hello Deering.<BR>With " all motels were already booked " I meant that I booked all motels for our tour. So it is very difficult to change the route since we would like to see Bryce Canyon and so on.<BR>So : No chance for me to be in Sunnyvale at these days. Too far away.<P>Greetings<P>Tom