350 into Regal

My girlfriend's Regal's engine went out a while back, and since she cant seem to sell it as is, I'm thinking of putting an engine in it. I can get a 350 buick with a blown head gasket for cheap, and was wondering how hard it would be to bolt it up. The car is an '86 Regal with a 307. The donor engine is out of a '80 Park Avenue. The Regal has a 200R4, and the PA I think has a 400, but I haven't really looked. I would obviously have to use the accessories of the PA, but the Regal's AC still works, so I'd like to try and keep it. <BR>If anyone has any info or ideas, I'd appreciate it.<BR><P>------------------<BR>-Keith<BR>'87 Lesabre T-type (The T without WHOOSH)<BR>http://members.xoom.com/lesabrettype

If you get the motor mounts kit that will make it fit it should by all accounts bolt right up to the 2004r tranny. If you went for the 400 tranny you would have to change the driveshaft tranny mounts and thats going to make it much more involved.<p>[This message has been edited by gm boat owner (edited 08-19-2000).]

Of course the 200R4 would have to be the "Dual pattern" variety.<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Wow, that's just what I wanted to hear! I want to keep this as simple as possible, since I don't have much money to spend. It's more of a repair than a modify, but as long as I have the heads off...... Well, is there anything I could do to increase the pony count a little? It's just the 307 is so gutlass, and I dont know how much more power the 350 will have. So it would be great if it could move. Any Ideas or other info?<BR>Thanks,<BR><P>------------------<BR>-Keith<BR>'87 Lesabre T-type (The T without WHOOSH)<BR>http://members.xoom.com/lesabrettype