My Riv is going to be in the August issue of Rod and Custom

Guest Kahuna28

Guest Kahuna28

I'm so stoked I got into one of my favorite mags!! It's the first article on the Riv so I had to share... I just wanted to thank all of you here at the ROA for all your help... :D

Photo:© John Jackson @ NotStockPhotography

post-59499-143138959928_thumb.jpg

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Certainly well deserved based upon that picture.

Very likely the first of many!

Congrats!

Marty

Guest Kahuna28

Thanx everyone, I know what you mean R&C is one of the few mags left that you'll see a Riv in. The rodder's journal is a great mag, but I think they've only had 1 Riv featured ever!!

The spread looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see it in print.

Here's another cool shot by another photographer done during the same week..

Photo © Patrick Daly

post-59499-143138960636_thumb.jpg

Guest Kahuna28

Thanx Mike, no worries my autographs are still pretty cheap!:D:D

Jim yeah it's pretty cool, I definitely didn't expect it...

Thanx Rob, this color really gets a lot of attention from all types of car guys which is pretty cool. It really shows of the awesome lines of the first gen..

Whitewater, it's going to be in the August 2012 issue of Rod and Custom. There is a small pick of my car on the upper right hand corner of the cover. The one out right now is the July 2012 issue- even though it's only May!!:confused:

Guest Kahuna28

It's out now, check it out if you get a chance... The August issue is out in may... Go figure:D

post-59499-143138973485_thumb.jpg

Guest 4 bufords

just got the r and c a couple of days ago and your rev was the first car i read about,congrats,4 bufords from ct

Guest Kahuna28

Hey Steve, I'm answering that question a lot..:D

Well they sent me a tech sheet form that asked about the cars specifics and then it asked to elaborate the cars history and what not. So I wrote a stream of conscious story just to give the writer as much background as I could think of, definitely didn't expect it to be printed as is. Not being a writer, I imagine my phrasing, etc. was weak and somehow got misunderstood. Who knows... I certainly wish that had been cleared up or checked before printing..

I do have the autoloc "shaved" door handle system installed on the doors and also their remote trunk kit installed. I put them on as soon as I got the car because I like having the remote setup, I figured I'd shave the handles and do the body work when I got access to a welder. Plans changed a bit, the Autolocs for the doors did fail and here we are... I will replace the solenoids, but I'm still not sold on loosing the handles. I want to drive this everywhere and I'd like to use the doors on a regular basis!!:D

Thanx for all the positive feedback everyone!

Guest 65purps

What trunk kit did u get from autoloc I have a 65 Rivi and I'm looking go the trunk right solenoid or actuator. My doors are complete with a remote need advise on the trunk please help thanks

Guest Kahuna28

Thanx Jon, I really appreciate it..

65Purple, It's been a while but I know I used the 15 pound solenoid on their setup so I'm sure this is pretty much the same setup I used.. It's great not having to use keys for the trunk and it has great range, I use this all the time.

Good luck..

Power Trunk / Hatch Kit 15lbs* autoloc.com

I just picked up the issue yesterday, figured it's almost the end of May the Aug issue should be out by now :D

I loved the read, the car is amazing in every way!

I do my own painting but I've never done a final coat of matte or satin finish. The thought of all the dust that always gets in there, and then not being able to sand and buff it out has scared me off, so far. Makes the paint all that more impressive.

..and I love the Goldfinger name :D:D

Guest 65purps

Thank for the info... Congrats on ur car being in the mag.. 1 other thing did u change ur latch on the trunk as well or how did u get a pull solenoid to work

Guest Kahuna28

Thanx Rob... I see you're in Canada, I just found out they got a pic of my car in the current Canadian Hot Rod (vol 7, issue 5)... Cool mag.:D

65Purple, yeah everything is stock. I have the solenoid tied in to the bottom of the latch, pulling from the driver's side... Work's like a charm..

Mike, thanx for the kind complements...

post-59499-143138991998_thumb.jpg

Guest Kahuna28

65Purple, I'm out of town at the moment but I have this pic of how I attached the solenoid, I hope this helps. This is the back of the latch, i.e. screen left is driver's side..

Thanx again everyone for the support.. I keep forgetting to post this, here is the poster of Goldfinger I was selling for Autorama...

attachment.php?attachmentid=132721&d=1339089239

post-59499-143138999069_thumb.jpg

post-59499-143138999073_thumb.jpg

Guest 65purps

Thanks finally got my trunk popper to work. Thanks for leading me I

The right direction mine was set up on the passenger side works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GM-Classics

That is one neat photo.

I'm so stoked I got into one of my favorite mags!! It's the first article on the Riv so I had to share... I just wanted to thank all of you here at the ROA for all your help... :D

Photo:© John Jackson @ NotStockPhotography

Guest Kahuna28

65 Purple, glad I could help. Your gonna love the remote trunk, I never use my keys anymore except of course the ignition..

Thanx GM, I'm really digging your new toy..!

Hey Scott, the kit was from Tony in Australia... I got it back when the ROA was just a series of emails ( a while ago :), remember that? ). Not sure if he's still putting them together, and to be honest I'm a little foggy on the details.. I just remember the rotors and calipers are from the Holden designed GTO and it was bolt on (nice kit)..

In case anyone missed it...:D

1965 Buick Riviera - Rod & Custom Magazine

Edited by Kahuna28 (see edit history)