?'s on building a 340

Ok heres what I have going on, I have a 67 Skylark with the orginal 300-2/powerslide setup. I also have another 300-2 with a th350 bolted up to it. I have tried to track down a 4 barrel manifold for the 300 and at one time bought a 340 manfold not yet knowing that it wouldn't work. With not having any luck finding a manifold for the 300 I ahve put thought into buying a 340 and rebuilding it this winter and dropping it into my Skylark. My ? is, can I put a 4barrel manifold onto a 340-2 motor and get away with it, as in, are the heads matched to the manifolds for flow like fords are? I'm not looking to really build this motor at all just make it decently fast for a STOCK motor, meaning I'm just looking to rering and bearing this thing and maybe a cam thats a lil more then stock for economy. I've already decided to put the th350 behind it with a mild shift kit cuz I do drive the car in the rain and the posi and skinny tires(75 series) don't work well with the torquey lil 300. I have a 67 340 lined up right now and the intake is off of a 67 340. I just don't want to put together a complete dog. Either way I go I'd like to get this done this winter so that this car is all down and I can start preparing to paint my GS (the lacquer is starting to show its age). Any information would be greatly appreciated...Thank you. <P>------------------<BR>67 Buick GS Pro Street<BR>67 Buick Skylark

ISKY grinds cams for these engines. they ground the cam in my race car. <A HREF="http://www.iskycams.com" TARGET=_blank>www.iskycams.com</A> Their tech & order #s are on the site they can help you pick the right profile. Poston's also offers 4 cams and headers while supplies last. watch valvespring ret. to guide clearence . a 650 carb on a 340 32-34deg total timing 3.42ish rear th350 couplehundred over stock converter might impress ya GOODLUCK AND HAVE FUN!<P>------------------<BR>Sean Etson