Oil pressure sensor location

Ames63

I will go along with the removing the belt but the sensor is right there in the open...

Does the sensor just screw into the socket (and the contact made allows the sensor to work) or does it also have a wire that it needs to be attached to?

Can someone tell me the location of the oil pressure sensor. I am receiving a B132 code and suspect it is only to replace the sensor.

Not knowing what the B132 code is, why would you replace the sensor? My experience is they either leak ( profusely ), give erratic readings or just quit, which, I believe, will turn the engine off.

Thanks Ronnie.

And FWIW...whenever I see the IP oil gauge go wacko, I'll replace the sensor. First I'll see if my oil level is OK and look for any leaks. If both are OK, sensor gets replaced...and problem solved.

Not knowing what the B132 code is, why would you replace the sensor? My experience is they either leak ( profusely ), give erratic readings or just quit, which, I believe, will turn the engine off.
The description for code B132 is "Oil Pressure Sensor - Engine Running". Unless you normally drive around looking at the gauge readings, the first indication of a bad oil pressure sensor will be a momentary warning message flash on the dash and then quickly disappear. The warning is displayed because the computer senses that the oil pressure has jumped out of range for a second then goes back to normal.

Guest Richard D

These sensors are famous for showing very high readings for a second or two then go back to normal when idleing. I have replaced mine once and it worked for a year before same failure mode started again. As long as the low level does not come on(seperate sensor) and it stays half way at idle I am not worrying about it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I get the classic momentary warning message flash on the dash and then quickly disappear and this only happens when I accelerate. So I'm certain the sensor has to be replaced. I'll get to work on it tomorrow.