Hoosier Swap Meet ?

Hello Bob, the fall version is better, the spring meet has been shrinking for several years. I am 150 miles away and plan to go, but for any further than that it would probably be a disappointment. Parts availability is miscellaneous used, mostly postwar with maybe a little Model A. There will be a handful of cars for sale--I would say moving at an average pace a guy can get through everything in 3 hours or so. Todd C

I wont drive 100 miles for the spring event and the fall event is shrinking too,I keep saying I wont go but after attending over 30 years its hard to give it up. It was all you could do to see all of the fall event in one day but I have been getting through it in about 3 to 4 hours.

Guest fleetwood41

I used to vend at the Hoosier both spring & fall. Fall is definitely better in attendance and results. However the last couple times there, I had poor results. Also when I got home the last time, looked on ebay and had double the action, so I don't vend anymore, just attend as a buyer. It has been slim pickin's latelly and seems to be regressing. It is only about 25 miles for me, I wouldn't hit the spring if it was over 50 miles.

Guest willr

years ago I believe this meet was held at the speedway. They have moved it to a county fairgrounds, but I do not think that is the reason for the fall off. It is probably the result of the internet, and the fact that alot of the venders are getting older.

I dont think they advertise it very much,it was hard to find it in Hemmings motor news since they only listed it for one month and it was not in most of the car magazines. I think it can be brought back if they let it be known about it,it was huge when it was at the speedway and it was much larger when first at the fairgrounds.

Edited by junkyardjeff
more words (see edit history)

There is a swap meet on Fri, Sat, & Sun (not Monday) of Memorial Day weekend at Springfield OH.

It is about 125 miles east of Indianapolis at exit 59 on I-70. There are multiple hotels at exit 54, Hwy 72 if you are not in easy driving distance.

Fall 2009 Swap Meet and Car Show

The show fills about 2,000 vendor spots, my guess is about 600 vendors or so.

They sell items in the 50's through current parts with vendors coming from 250 miles away.

I seldom find pre war non Model A or T items.

The also have approximately 900 vehicles in the car corral. It doesn't have to run and you will find cars on trailers in various levels of assembly.

Saturday is the main day for vendors and car corral but Friday is well worth getting early deals. By Sunday afternoon 40% of the vendors are gone. Just a tip, on Saturday come before 9:30 or after 12:00 as traffic is very heavy coming off the interstate.

I live about 40 easy miles away and have attended for the last 11 years. About 60% of the time, I go Fri & Sat. If you are looking in the car corral, Sunday prices are usually very good on the cars left. About 70% of the cars come in on Friday and the balance on Saturday.