Sign in to follow this  
impacsys

mounting tires on a 1926

I am amazed with the technology used in the 1926 Chryslers. Hydraulic brakes, efficient motors and transsimions, rear end, etc, but am more amazed with the very poor tire/rim mounting.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

How in the F do you mount the tire on the rims? I got the tire off (pain in the A), installed new tube and the rubber liner thing. Now the CS tire won’t mount….

<o:p> </o:p>

Help!

Do you have a photo of the rim? Is it the expansion type and are you using the correct tool to expand/contract it? A lot of companies were using the same rim. Chrysler engineering was way ahead of most makes.

i had to walk away from it for a few days. another special tool? image attached. thx for your help.

post-56009-143138954168_thumb.jpg

keiser, thx! i'll get part from ebay and let ya know how it works. the pic your sent, is that your spreader?

Thanks Keiser,

I have one of those rim spreaders, but never had the operating instructions for operating it.

Your instruction sheet could possibly keep me from using all those bad words.

Bob

keiser, thx! i'll get part from ebay and let ya know how it works. the pic your sent, is that your spreader?

No, that is not mine. I do have two of them, but both have issues with breaks in them. Otherwise, I would simply send one to you.

guys, i got it done by using 2 tie downs mounted cross way. i tightened each back and forth until the rim was small enough to insert in tire. it worked!