aluminum intake

There has never been an aluminum manifold that will work on the 300. The '64 300 has smaller ports and water heats the carb base, where the '65 has exhaust heating the carb base. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

I hate it when people say "never" I should have said "I know of no aluminum manifolds that were mass produced for the 300" I'm sure Buick had something that they tried.And with enough work the '64 would work. I just can't imagine why one would go through the expense and work to do it. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Guest John Chapman

Brian,<P>Actually, there is a manifold being made in New Zealand that can be made to fit the 300 motor by using an adaptor spacer set for the heads. The gent that is making them does it for the Rover(Buick) 215 motor. He has it designed for a 500-650 CFM carb. During our phone conversation he said that it didn't make sense to him to buy one and adapt, as the stock Buick 300 four barrel iron manifold was a very good design to start with, and with some finish work, was equal to most aftermarket offerings for other motors.<P>Just my $.02 worth.<P>JMC<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com