what fits what

looking for info on parts update on a 300-2 Skylark. Things like disc brakes,HEI ignition<BR>quick ratio steering. what parts interchange

Guest John Chapman

Cuzn~<P>I've got a 300-2 also. There have been a number of posts about them on this site. Go to the top of the page, and do a search on '300'. That should pop most of them. Do it on the 'General' and 'Buy/Sell' Forum also.<P>I've specific plans for mine, email direct to discuss.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

All CHevelle, Tempast, Cutless, Skylark (and shared namplates)From 1964 to 1972 share the same brakes and chassis componants. I have in my 1965 Gran Sport: 1972 Olds Cutless disc brakes, '70 GS steering box, '70 GTO sway bars (front and rear), '70 Skylark 15x7" Road wheels with 225/65 Goodyear Eagles and Gas shocks. And I will tell you....this bugger handles!!! My wifes 1965 Skylark 300-4 has the same sway bars, gas shocks, and 1978 14x6" roadwheels with 215/65 Goodyears. And an HEI from a 70's 350 Buick. All Buick V8 HEIs will work, but you have to change the gear on a 455 dist., to fit. The manifold also needs some "relieving" for the HEI to fit. Look at a '74-'76 V6 to see what I mean. You also will need a button head allen bolt at the front of the manifold. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Plenty of stuff is available. Get the following reading material:<P>Hemmings Motor News<BR>Year One Skylark/GS catalog<BR>CARS, Inc. Skylark/GS catalog<P>The suppliers will verify the interchanges.<P>I believe that the disc brakes and quick steering packages are generic to all GM A-bodies. On the ignition, many folks seem to be going with the Pertronix modules. I love mine and the new versions are even easier to install.<P>------------------<BR>