1976 Riviera S/R

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Guest Dans 77 Limited

I stumbled across a 1976 Riviera S/R today. I didnt even know Buick made these. From what info Ive been able to gather it was a package ....not a seperate model. As if that wasnt interesting enough its been in a garage since apparently 1989 its for sale !!!!!!Im tempted. I wasnt expecting to run across something like this while working so I didnt have my camera on me to take pictures but under the 20+ years of dust it appears to be sequoia cream with a red console interior a stainless steel band on the roof a white landau top and rally wheels. From what Ive been able to gather they all came with 455s. There was too much stuff on the hood for me to get a peak , but the car looks very clean and the interior looks immaculate. The owner is supposed to call me about buying it tonight . This may be something worth looking into.

Dan

I have all the 74-78 Riviera factory brochures and catalogs so I can see what S/R buys a person but I believe S/R stood for "Sport(s) Riviera"

This replaced the GS. I want to say all 76 Rivieras had 455's but I better double check.

There are a few fans of the 74-76 Rivieras. They built them in large numbers but they are rare today.

Guest 75RivGS
I have all the 74-78 Riviera factory brochures and catalogs so I can see what S/R buys a person but I believe S/R stood for "Sport(s) Riviera"

This replaced the GS. I want to say all 76 Rivieras had 455's but I better double check.

There are a few fans of the 74-76 Rivieras. They built them in large numbers but they are rare today.

S/R stood for Sports/Ralley. and all had the (blue) 455/4 engine.

In fact the 1975 Riviera has the lowest amount big block Rivieras produced:

1975; 17,306 (Includes 3,101 GS Handling Option)

1976: 20,082 (Includes 1,619 S/R Option)

Guest my3buicks

Dan, those are pretty cool cars, extremely comfortable road cars and rather unique styling especially with the upper brake lights. Sounds like a good color combination also. Good luck!!

S/R stood for Sports/Ralley. and all had the (blue) 455/4 engine.

In fact the 1975 Riviera has the lowest amount big block Rivieras produced:

1975; 17,306 (Includes 3,101 GS Handling Option)

1976: 20,082 (Includes 1,619 S/R Option)

I should have said "Rob will know" :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, but the special packages for the 74-76 Rivieras do not mean as much as other years and models. ALL 74-76 Rivieras were somewhat "homogenous" and very nice sorted out cars.