synthetic trans fluid....should i....?????

am getting my trans back after rebuild next week(TH400)thinking about running synthetic fluid in it,what are the good and the bad with this????...car does see a lot of street use in the summer ....if so what brand???...thanks for any input.....tim

I have always heard good things about the <BR>Mobil 1 trans fluid, but I have never been<BR>able to get my trans to stop leaking enough<BR>to want to spend the money.

I am a Die-Hard Mobil fan and have heard many good things, but I have also talked to a pro-powerglide builder from Indy, IN, and he has heard and seen many bad things come from the B&M trick shift. He uses normal Havoline Dex III, and loves it. I had a tranny built by PAE Enterprises in Tx, and have never been happier in my life, had a Poston Shift kit put in and use the Havoline fluid, and I even got more tranny proformance from Type F fluid, it is superior to Dex-Merc III, and gives a tighter shift (With my setup anyway)...<P><BR>---Jay

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running Amsoil synthetic in my th400 and it seems to work great.Is it worth the money?Just a little extra piece of mind.<BR> P.s..2100 stall conveter and cooler<BR> see ya,Mike