WE ARE GOING RACING - JULY 7!!!!!!

Ok, it's set, Virginia Motorsports Park, July 7 from 5 to 10 PM, $15 for DOT tires and $25 for slick tires, follow NHRA rules which means no shorts, no sandals, no unsleeved shirts, helmets for the convertibles, and 11.99 and faster, must have the rollbar, etc. Need to know who wants to do it by July 5, cause if we get enough BUICKs we can have our own race, otherwise we just pick off the Chebbies and the Fords, so send me an email if you think you are going to be there! Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

how many buicks are signed up for the race so far?.......my car is sidelined,still for trans repair.....but i do plan on watching the others(since i'm about 1 1/2 hours away)........thanks ...tim

I WILL BE THERE. I HAVE A 68 CHEVELLE WITH A CHEV 454/450 H.P. IT DOES THE LOW 11'S.<BR>SEE YOU THERE BUICK CHUMPS....REMEMBER, CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR> " THE HEARTBEAT OF GM "<BR>PUTTING US FIRST KEEPS US FIRST, CHEVROLET.

Right now, I only have heard from 6 or 8, so need a few more than that to have our own Buick race. Let me know today!

I have an '86 GN and I'll be there (now). I think the word has not really "gotten out" locally that a BUICK event is indeed going to be at VMP. I live very close to the track and if it were not for David Chase posting this on the GNTTYPE mailing list, I would not have known. In fact, someone asked me about it and we looked at VMP's site and could not find any mention of it...so it was dismissed as a rumor. Friday night is listed as a regular Friday Night...which is Billy Talley FORD Night!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/schedule.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/schedule.htm</A> <P>-Bobby (rmason@scc.state.va.us)<P>