1967 Skylark 300-V8

Welp, time to dredge this post back up...:<BR>The skylark in question currently has a 2inch dual mufflers on it. Two completely separate pipes, and a header that looks like it was salvaged from the ocean floor (Sure, rebuild the engine, but use the same header thats been going through North Dakotan winters for 33 years!). And they also curl up with the body and come down at the end, almost like chopped vette exhaust pipes. Is this normal, and what is the maximum diameter I would want to go with on this setup?

I think you should contact Sean Etson the guy I spoke about in the "1964 300 Special that runs 12s at 105 MPH" post.<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

I'm still waiting for details from Sean on making that 300 scream. How about a new thread?<P>Ron*<BR>'69 Skylark Convertible 350-4<BR>(Brother owns a '67 Sky/Cnvrt 300)

How about it Sean? Start a new thread an give us some ideas on how you got that 300 to the amazing speeds you have. You don't have to give us all your secrets, you deserve to keep them, you have worked your but off to make that thing run and I wouldn't give up all the tricks either, but how about just some of the basics you did, and how much these changes ment to the ET? <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, couldn't resist...!<BR>Sorry Sean, you're almost halfway there though! Oh and it's my turn to buy beer!<BR>-----------------<BR>67`Skylark<BR>Owner of:<BR>1967 Buick Skylark w/ transplanted TH350 and 300V8 smile.gif<BR>Longest Thread in history of powermod channel tongue.gif<p>[This message has been edited by 67`Skylark (edited 12-11-2000).]

I'm thinking a couple bottles of Maudite, a 6'er of Blue Moon, a 6'er of Guiness (can't stand the stuff myself), a 12'er of Heinekin, a grab bag of Malt Liquor 40's, and an assortment of whatever else is recommended before the big beer run. I'll even fill my trunk with plastic and ice for the occasion!