Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The small strap on the door post area is usually called something like a "passenger assist strap" for entry and exit from the rear of the car. The rope-like strap attached to the back of the front seat is called a "robe rail". They were originally used to hold a blanket for the rear passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny almost all manufacturers stopped making those assist straps except one manufacturer that actually still had them into the early 2000's.

I remember my grandfather had a hard time getting out of the back seat area of our 59 Pontiac hardtop. As the new GM cars got channeled starting in 1958 you really needed a strap to get out of the rear area.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...