Pitman Arm 62 Olds

Guest Kiwiolds

Guest chequenman
Looking for a pitman arm for 62 Olds 98. Or information as to where to look. Also can it be rebuilt.

When you ask anyone who might respond to your question be sure you can tell whether yours is a Saginaw, or a TRW (Thompson). they have two different types of fitment and won't interchange. :)

When you ask anyone who might respond to your question be sure you can tell whether yours is a Saginaw, or a TRW (Thompson). they have two different types of fitment and won't interchange. :)
Which raises an interesting question in itself. Pray tell, how does one tell whether it is Saginaw or TRW? Where does one look? What are the tell-tale signs, if any?

That I do not know which I have is precisely why I have avoided jumping on the spare parts wagon for these items.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kiwiolds

Hi Dave, Have sorted out pitman arm have had it rebuilt. Could you send me your email again as I have just had to rebuild computer and have lost it. I will send you some pictures of car progress

Guest chequenman
Which raises an interesting question in itself. Pray tell, how does one tell whether it is Saginaw or TRW? Where does one look? What are the tell-tale signs, if any?

That I do not know which I have is precisely why I have avoided jumping on the spare parts wagon for these items.

The Tapers of a TRW part won't inter change with the Saginaw, and you will notice your steering parts won't be mixed together with other manufacturers. If you have Saginaw Parts the Rubber Boots on your Balljoints will have a small spring around the bottom of the Boot to secure it to the Joint and not allowing any dirt to get inside. Hope this helps.....;)