Wanted LH Lower control arm for 40-53 Plymouth

auburnseeker

I just got around to putting the kingpins back in my 48 Plymouth and realized I screwed up the threads in the LH lower control arm when I took it apart last summer.

I need to find a replacement. Nothing on ebay at the moment. I believe according to my parts book that a 1940-1953 Dodge and Plymouth are the same as well as 1940-1941 Chrysler and Desoto 6. If anyone has an NOS? or clean used one with no rot please let me know. I would like to get the car back together for this summer.

Guest 54Illinois

I would think a 54 is the same. As a 53 and 54 are similar models. Could you give me a pic? I have a 54 parted out (still rolls and steers) that I have to finish up in the next couple weeks as I have to move the car out of storage.

Thanks for the reply. I may have access to one locally from a 50 Desoto but I'm trying to verify if it will interchange for sure. If not I believe you are correct and yours will fit so I may need it if this one doesn't pan out. I'll try to get a photo from my service manual. It's better than me trying to shoot one of it still in the car.