ABS relay schematic needed for 1989 PLEASE !!

Guest ddhebert

Guest ddhebert
:( I just purchased this car and I replaced the accumulator and worked well but ABS light still on but no red brake light and a nice pedal. So I decided to look at the relays and noticed a little melting soooooo you guessed it I !@?& it up. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE GREAT !!! THANKS, DAN hebert22@comcast.net Edited by ddhebert (see edit history)

Guest Luckyguy

When I am going to be stopped for more than 20 or 30 seconds, I shift out of drive into park or neutral, then take my foot off the brake. I had to install a socket for the relay because the original melted. I think it cant heat up if your not using your brakes.

• 5 weeks later...

My ABS light has been on since the day I bought her. A German mechanic thought it was a sensor wire but to do a full diagnostic would have cost me the equivalent of 4 new tires. My local mechanic tried to get me to replace the entire master brake assembly for 2500 (just for the parts).

Since the brakes work fine without the ABS and it has passed Va. inspection, I haven't bothered to track down the issue. As for that pesky light, a military pilot recommended a standard work around that they use...black tape over the console light or just disconnect the bulb.

:( I just purchased this car and I replaced the accumulator and worked well but ABS light still on but no red brake light and a nice pedal. So I decided to look at the relays and noticed a little melting soooooo you guessed it I !@?& it up. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE GREAT !!! THANKS, DAN hebert22@comcast.net

I'll make this short. The melting of the plastic in the relay/fuse box is usually caused by an overload of current flowing through the wires when you have a defective Accumulator. That causes the pump motor to operate each and every time you apply the brake pedal. In stop and go traffic, this would make the pump run continuously, therefore overloading the circuit.

With a new Accumulator installed, this should not occur, once the !@?& :mad: is corrected you should be OK. :)

Guest txcarcrazy

I am having similar problems with my 1990 TC Maserati. Does anyone know of a reliable mechanic in the Houston, Texas area who is familiar with these cars?

Looking on ebaymotors, all the Chrysler 1990 brake parts say "Non-ABS".

• 7 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Morning Ladies & Gentlemen. Working on wife's 91 TC Maserati. ABS relay/fuse box melted. Need wiring Schematic so I can clean up this part of the system while waiting on new Accumulator Ball to arrive. Any help is much appreciated.