what to do?

Guest Jerry Hunt

Guest Jerry Hunt

As Frank Sinatra would say "and yes the time has come." I am trying to help my son pay for college, so it has come time to sell the 90 Reatta that we have. Question is do I sell it as is, or fix the few things that are still wrong with it. It is a Maui Blue with 92000 miles. it is in great shape with seats in very good condition no major dents on outside. have recently fixed the headlights, had the transmission worked on and a few other minor things. Still left are 1 window that does not roll down and the other is very slow, ac runs but does not blow cold (had it recharged and worked for a couple of weeks.) Also crack in the passengers side of windshield. Really need to get around 3K for the car. Is this off the mark? Should I fix the problems and at that money onto the price? I have no mechanical skills so repairs would have to be done by a shop. What should I expect to pay for these? Any advise would be great.:confused:

As Frank Sinatra would say "and yes the time has come." I am trying to help my son pay for college, so it has come time to sell the 90 Reatta that we have. Question is do I sell it as is, or fix the few things that are still wrong with it. It is a Maui Blue with 92000 miles. it is in great shape with seats in very good condition no major dents on outside. have recently fixed the headlights, had the transmission worked on and a few other minor things. Still left are 1 window that does not roll down and the other is very slow, ac runs but does not blow cold (had it recharged and worked for a couple of weeks.) Also crack in the passengers side of windshield. Really need to get around 3K for the car. Is this off the mark? Should I fix the problems and at that money onto the price? I have no mechanical skills so repairs would have to be done by a shop. What should I expect to pay for these? Any advise would be great.:confused:

Just a thought... Call your insurance company about replacing the windshield. Most insurance companies have no deductible or a very low deductible ($100 or $250) when it comes to windshield replacement and it doesn't count against your policy (as a claim). Consult with your agent to confirm.

Guest Mc_Reatta

You have two $1K + whammys that are going to keep you from getting that asking price.

As suggested you need to get that windshield replaced if at all possible under your insurance policy. A knowing buyer is going to deduct about $1.5 K for that alone.

Non working AC will take about $1 K off the price too, and unless you or the buyer can get it done cheaper will make it a real tough sell in the south. If you can't get it fixed cheaper than, that you may be better off adjusting the price and letting the buyer worry about it.

Good luck.