1940 Plymouth Truck - PT105

Ian.Harrold

So my truck lives yet again.

I am needing to brake work. Is NAPA "UP 7" the brake piston repair kit code for Left/Right Front and Rear?

Also, anyone know of a good source for brake shoes?

Finally, my truck has a bench seat from an unknown vehicle. I am interested in replacing it with an original frame. Anyone know where I could source a seat frame?

I've always just had my shoes relined by what ever local brake supply company was in the town I was living in when I needed it done.

I don't know but suspect that the seat frame for the same year Dodge pickup would be the same and there are likely to be more of those around than Plymouth pickups.

Thanks for the response. I had another question related to brakes. My grandfather had purchased spare wheel cylinders about 20 years ago from NAPA.

UP 6353 - Bore Size 1 1/4 & 1 3/8. Wheel Cylinder Line Thread size 7/16-24. NAPA lists this fits, front, back, left or right for Dodge trucks 37 - 40 & 47's.

550319.jpg

UP 6354 - Bore Size 1 1/4 & 1 3/8. Wheel Cylinder Line Thread size 7/16-20. NAPA lists this fits, front, back, left or right for Dodge trucks 37 - 40 & 47's.

550320.jpg

My question is, which one is for the front brakes and which one is for the rear? I am assuming UP 6354 is for rear with the coarser thread size.

Also NAPA lists UP 7

351833.jpg

and

UP 6

351808.jpg

as Wheel Cylinder Repair Kits. Which is for which cylinder? The UP 6 spring looks smaller than the UP 7... so I assume UP 6 is for the rear.

Sorry to waste peoples time, but I am hoping that someone has this readily available to answer. Thanks.

Looking at ply33's website. He lists 830231 as rear wheel cylinder repair kit which references to Raybestos WK6. This kit looks identical to UP 6. Hi lists UP 7 as for the front.

So my only other question is which cylinder kit is for the front and which is for the back?

Edited by Ian.Harrold
Added Hyperlinks and images (see edit history)

My book shows 6353 as the rear left side and 6354 as the rear right side. The Raybestos WK6 and the UP6 kit are for the 6354 and 6354. The UP7 should be for the front wheel cylinders both sides.

Marv.

Sounds like you have a good book there. Do you have listings for the following:

Chrysler part 830234 (rear wheel cylinder service package for 1942 P14 and some others)

Chrysler part 678156 (front right wheel cylinder for 1941 P11 and some others)

Chrysler part 635545 (front right wheel cylinder for 1940 PT105 and some others)

Chrysler part 635546 (front left wheel cylinder for 1940 PT105 and some others)

Chrysler part 635536 (front right wheel cylinder for 1938 P6 and some others)

Chrysler part 635537 (front left wheel cylinder for 1938 P6 and some others)

I have some others too but that list seems more than long enough to bother you with. :)

Thanks!