Sign in to follow this  
jolbermann

Schebler Model D Carburetor

For someone who is parting out a 1912 Autobuggy, the following is probably self-evident; but for those of us who just have carburetors, the following would be useful:

The Schebler model D was produced in at least 7 different physical sizes.

Most of each of the 7 physical sizes were produced with either a mounting flange or a pipe thread.

Most of each of the 7 physical sizes with either mounting flange or pipe thread were produced with (A) a throttle butterfly, (B) a throttle "gate valve", or © no throttle. Those of type C had the throttle control mounted in the intake manifold.

Jon.

Jon,

The carb has a mounting flange and a choke but I think that the throttle may be in the intake which would make it a Model C (?). I am not where the car is at the moment but will have to check it when I return. If you send me your email address I can send you a picture of it.

Thanks,

Joe

My 1913 2 cyl IH autowagon takes an 1 1/4 model D. It has a throttle gate valve. I believe the size is measured at the pipe flange. Sorry i dont have an extra carb. Jim

Edited by wjguthrie (see edit history)