1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne Truck

Up for sale is my 1972 1/2 ton Chevrolet Cheyenne longbed truck. I hate to part with this beautiful truck because I'll probably never find another like it, but my circumstances have changed over the years. I bought this truck with just about 62,000 actual miles back in September 2001, and now it has 68,000 miles. We have had a blast with it through the years, and now it we have two kids, three and seven years of age. I don't need to tell you that the four of us cannot fit into a standard cab. Because of that I have only managed to drive it less than 300 miles in the last two years, which is a shame I know. However, I don't see that fact changing anytime soon! Recently we bought another vehicle that all four of us can enjoy, and when we feel the need to attend a car show that will be the vehicle of choice. The wife and I have enjoyed this truck very much and always get the stairs, thumbs up, and hand waves everywhere we go! You know what I mean. It makes you feel good to see the envy in the crowd. It just has that nice proud to own kind of feeling about it! The doors close with little effort, and it drives straight down the road. It's always been garaged and kept out of the winter salt. It has never left us stranded and I would feel confident to drive it across the country. However, it is a 40 year old truck, and it is not predictable.

Now to describe the truck for sale, as stated it has a low 68,000 miles!! I'm certain these are actual miles, but there is no way of knowing for sure. However, the truck shows and feels as if it has 68,000 miles. I have some original paperwork that states the truck has spent time in Arizona, and I believe it is originally from that state. As far as I can tell the truck has all the original sheet metal that will unbolt like it was just assembled yesterday. The only rust that is visible rests below the battery tray on the right splash shield which is common, that's it!!! The bed and cab have got to be in the most rot free condition out there. I know everyone that has a vehicle to sell states that, but its true in this case. Just look at the pictures. I also had a buddy of mine verify the motor to be original to the truck.

Over the years that I have owned it much has been done, but only what I felt was needed in order to maintain its appearance and dependability. I made every attempt to keep it original as much as possible. I have always thought that I preferred something original over something that was reproduced even if it meant learning to live with a few dents or scratches. I had no problem adjusting once I knew they were there.

With that said this truck has a factory 350ci motor with a 4 barrel carb and a three speed on the column; working AC, which is not very common; power front disc brakes and drum rear; power steering; tinted blue glass, working AM radio; Oil, Temperature, and Battery gages; Optional large mirrors

Here is a list of upgrades performed over my period of ownership; new lower blue paint applied four years ago, the white top has not been touched and believed to be original; carpet replaced three years ago; bed cover replaced two years ago; added a Reece hitch with a seven round and a trans cooler; the front suspension and steering has had many bushings and ball joints replaced; and new dual Flow Master exhausts replaced two years ago

I'm asking for $15,900 or best offer!

If you are interested and would like more info please call me at 419-642- three one four five or email me at djchafin@watchtv.net I will attempt to answer any questions that you may have. We are located just South of Gomer Ohio just off 30.

I'm generally home after 5 on the weekdays and please no calls after 8pm Ohio time. Weekends are always up in the air.

Thank you,

Darren

post-79423-14313892289_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922894_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922897_thumb.jpg

post-79423-1431389229_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922902_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922905_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922907_thumb.jpg

post-79423-14313892291_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922912_thumb.jpg

post-79423-143138922915_thumb.jpg