need a water pump for my 1960 lasaber

Guest roodyw10

Guest roodyw10

I've checked with every auto parts store and hot rod shop in town and no one can get me a water pump. just about everyone can find it, but no manufacturer carries a 59-60 water pump for the 364. The 62 is the only one anyone can find with the same foot print but the shaft isn't long enough to reach the pulley and fan. I've even ordered one off the internet, only to receive an email telling me the manufacturer doesn't carry them. does anyone know where i can find a water pump for my 1960 364 wild cat?

I can relate... I've been trying to find a water pump for my 57 Special 364 for the past week. Yesterday, I had some luck with NAPA Auto Parts. They didn't have a listing for 1957, but they did show one for your car - 1960-62 LeSabre 364. I think it may be the same pump I need but at $100, I'm going to make sure before I order one. Try giving NAPA a call, they're the only parts store I found that had a listing.

Steve

If you are in the mid west try Auto Plus in South Bend, IN. There web site is autoplusrebuilders.com. Phone number is 574 232 5557. Ask for Jim.

They have rebuilt starters, generators and water pumps for my older buicks as well as my newer cars.

Gary