hi im new here

Guest tazbob43

Guest tazbob43

hi everyone i just bought a 1990 tc its been sitting for the last 12 years so is there anything i should check out before going on road trip the car is the v6 modle it has 10k on it iboughtit in a auction look like a new car but you never know i paid a thousad for it being a frist tme tc owener are these decent cars thanks for your help Bob

Welcome,

Off the top of my head I'll suggest that you go through everything that is made out of rubber and holds fluid. 12 years is a long time for any fluid in a car so a change of all fluids would be a good thing. Auto Transmission fluid in these cars is very specific, only use the right stuff and get it from the Chrysler dealer. I've never put a car back on the road after sitting more than a few years so I'll let others on the message board put in more info.

David in Riverside, CA currently without a TC.

Guest Butch91

Bob,

In the past year my son and I have brought back to life 3 TC’s (1991, 1990, 1989) all automatics.

The first thing you will want to do is purchase the ‘factory repair manual’ for your car. Typically available on ‘eBay’.

They were all sound to begin with, ran fair, transmission shifted ok etc. We went thru all typical stuff that had been neglected over the years.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Put on new tires, new brake pads, re-surfaced or replaced all rotors, front wheel bearings on the 1990, new windshield on 2 of them, new shocks on rear of all 3, new front struts on all 3, front end alignment after struts installed.

<o:p> </o:p>

New belts and hoses, new air filters, fuel filters, new spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, new alternator on the 1991, New battery if needed, coolant flushed and replaced, new water pump on the 1989, new heater control valve on the 1989, converted the A/C to the new refrigerant on the 1990, replaced heater core on the 1990, oil and filter changes, also recommend replacing the ‘bushings’ on the wiper mechanism/motor system; 2 of the cars, the bushings went out and wipers went ‘limp’. Replaced wiper blades, new bulbs if necessary, fixed or replaced the ‘pull-down motor’ mechanism for the hard/soft tops.

Put in radio on the 1990, bodies were all in good shape overall, cleaned, rubbing compounded and multiple wax jobs, brought the finish back to life on all 3.

I am sure I forgot a few things, but that is the basics I can remember off hand.

The great thing about these cars is that most all of the mechanical parts are very available and are relatively inexpensive as far as parts cost is concerned.

We now have 3 ‘daily driver’ TC’s in the family. My 2 boys drive theirs to school, college and high school (only kids in school driving a Maserati), and I drive mine to work.

Good luck with yours; and if you need any help or advice, you have found the right place here in this Forum.

Guest Our 1990 TC

New here, I bought me 90 TC in June of last year. It has been nothing but a joy. Brake system would be most important to check. Even after having a brake job done early on I burned up a brake caliper and it was expense.