SeanR

What did you do to your Reatta today? <ongoing thread>

Didn’t do much today. Last few car shows have been rained out hoping for better weather this weekend. But I bought some In the bag floormats. I don’t think I’ll actually use them though they just look too nice. 

5B507C7A-324E-4DDD-BDD7-8F5E301FF407.jpeg

• Like 1

Went to the Buick club of CTs show today. As always the only reatta. But some other nice stuff too. 

9DFE5C10-D025-4E68-BE05-5FF1E32BFE4A.jpeg

797160E6-1992-4B7C-8909-D7F61DB19037.jpeg

3BDA7C4E-7E36-4F5B-87FC-F8770DC3E5C3.jpeg

• Like 1

I also joined the BCA today. So I need to figure that website out now lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin M said:

Went to the Buick club of CTs show today. As always the only reatta. But some other nice stuff too. 

9DFE5C10-D025-4E68-BE05-5FF1E32BFE4A.jpeg

797160E6-1992-4B7C-8909-D7F61DB19037.jpeg

3BDA7C4E-7E36-4F5B-87FC-F8770DC3E5C3.jpeg

i always thought the straight eights were cool.

I’m going back to sea for a couple months so had to winterize my reatta today. Should be home around thanksgiving, so hopefully it will still be nice out and I can drive it again this year. 

C0C7297B-50BA-4FB1-9914-B7FDE9C05B75.jpeg

New front brake calipers and hoses. Passenger front brake was sticking and rim was very hot after driving. Now it's all better. 

Reinstalled headlight switch after successful reassembly (switch housing blowout). Have not yet put the trim panel back over the dash. Whichever previous owner pulled it before busted every connector between the chrome edge (to which the vent covers are attached) and the main panel. I'm going to come up with a way of permanently reattaching the chrome edge piece to the main panel this weekend before putting it back on since that's what primarily holds the panel on aside from the two upward-pointing torx screws.

The way the panel/vent cover assembly is constructed is highly questionable.

Josh replacement panels can be purchased. Check with Jim Finn or Marck Barker in the vendor listing above. I have extra parts but not for a 1990/91 as I have not yet stripped one.

I may do that if I can't manage to satisfactorily repair this panel 👍

In other news, I got my headlight switch in and found out the hard way leaving work tonight that the parking lights are now not turning on (stupid me, I was only concerned about the headlights, and I didn't pay attention to whether the rest were working). Headlights work fine though. Hopefully a fuse? Won't be able to figure that out until I have some light and spare fuses to work with.