What did you do to your Reatta today? <ongoing thread>

SeanR

Replaced my horn, wheel horn cover, and programmed a remote.

Tomorrow I might give the inside a complete scrub down and try getting the sunroof to work a little nicer.

I also have the 16-way power seat and the cover that has the labels is becoming loose so I might just glue that back on.

Guest speegt

Well it wasnt today but it was this past week , i painted my reatta. it looks great now and with the trans replaced and the frame bushings all done , it runs great , few more little things to do yet but im enjoying it all .

Guest PontiacDude210

That looks nice! The chrome delete adds a sporty feel to it.

I haven't done anything with my Reattas except modify my spare tire plan. Can't put it in the trunk, sound system in the way. I bought ball joints today to get the sunroof coupe back on the road. 3 inches of wheel movement independent of steering is no joke...

Guest speegt

Thanks , car looks really good , im still going to clear coat it but its a start , im not great at painting but i like doing it.

You know, the painted bumpers and stainless side trim inlays look good. The monochrome look is much more contemporary looking, and with the wheels and spoiler it looks like a proper sports car. Of course, being red also helps in that regard. I couldn't tell, did you also paint the grille in front and the side emblems?

Looks great, nice work!

KDirk

Guest speegt

grill not painted , still decidinng on what to do with grill and emblems no but i did paint the side ones then removed paint from top of reatta script.

Guest HuevosRanchero
Ok heres some pics of the car all painted . [ATTACH=CONFIG]303627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303629[/ATTACH]

looks great I like the mono color look on this car and the wing appears just right.

Guest speegt

Thanks for good words on paint job, it looks great , i still have to decide on the grill and im still planning on putting clear coat on it in a couple weeks . Currently working on the original rims , got them sanded down and looking pretty good , plan on clear coating , anyone have any ideas on the grill ?

I removed my grill and after a good cleaning sprayed it with satin black. Then I carefully sanded the edges of the grill that face forward and the outside edge of the grill to expose the shiny surface again. I ended up with a blacked out grill that has a little flash to it so it doesn't look so plain. I think it would look good on you car. Below are a couple of photos that show the grill before and after painting it.

post-52331-143143060874_thumb.jpg

post-52331-143143060867_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

That looks really good Ronnie especially on a black body molding car. The little bit of bright that you left was key.

Changed out the Radiator. It was bulging in multiple places and had started to leak a bit.

I had been soaking the lower transmission line for a few days due to rust, but it came right loose.

Took less than an hour. I was impressed.

Replacement radiator appears to have a slightly larger core.

I removed my grill and after a good cleaning sprayed it with satin black. Then I carefully sanded the edges of the grill that face forward and the outside edge of the grill to expose the shiny surface again. I ended up with a blacked out grill that has a little flash to it so it doesn't look so plain. I think it would look good on you car. Below are a couple of photos that show the grill before and after painting it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304036[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]304037[/ATTACH]

That looks good Ronnie! I am thinking that if one doesn't have the black body molding one could paint it the color of the car still leaving the silver edge. Why don't you try a photo shop for us to see?

That looks good Ronnie! I am thinking that if one doesn't have the black body molding one could paint it the color of the car still leaving the silver edge. Why don't you try a photo shop for us to see?
Dave I tried to photo shop a grill in red but I couldn't get to ribs show up very well. From what I could tell it just wouldn't look right. It would be too much red in my opinion. I think a little contrasting color here and there looks better.

Ronnie,

I believe you are correct. It escaped me before, but his car is heavily customized and I distinctly remember a grille with red accents. Seems like his car is the one I am thinking of. I considered doing that on one of mine, and may still at some point. I have a grille with some cracks in it that I could do this to so it would be no great loss if I didn't like it. I've resisted doing major appearance changes save for wheels as I prefer stockish cars. Primarily so as not to draw undue attention.

KDirk

As I recall the red grill accents looked good on Jon's silver car and it would probably look good on a white car. I hope you post the results if you try it. For me it didn't' look right having a red grill in a red car from the quick and dirty photo editing I did. Maybe if you do your grill that way you could get with Dave and try it in his red car to see how it look. Who knows... it might look good.

i took the seats out and vaccumed it out good.its depressing to see how faded the otherwise good condition carpet is in.one of the reasons i pulled out the seats was looking for the door pull trims.i replaced all of them last year.i guess i got robbed by a riv owner since i never see reattas around here.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)

Guest ReddReatta

Getting ready for Reatta Rally in Woodland Hills in May. Fixed fog lights and turn signal lights, polished taillight. Last month had A/C recharged (still R12), still have to get engine steam cleaned and have windows retinted. Also having tires rebalanced with weights on the inside. Anybody else from Pacific Northwest headed down there?

Guest my3buicks

Installed a set of Kingsley's sun visor clips on the red convertible - put a set in my white vert also before it's demise, great product.

Also reattached the tab for the rear defroster which had come lose.

Guest speegt

i got inside finished fixing interior lights , well all but the shift indicator lights, put a subwoofer and amp in the trunk , plan for next week is to clear coat the car . ill say that since i replaced the trans , the rack and pinion and the subframe bushings and painted the car i sure enjoy driving it . just want to get it cleared , get the cc working and the ac and ill be super happy.

Beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest. Pulled the drivers seat and repaired the corroded electrical splices in my '90 vert. I now have my power mirrors, power door locks and can now open my trunk with the key. Thanks to ROJ for the tutorial. It was a great help.

Speegt,

The Cruise Control usually sets a code if it's a internal/external wiring issue. No codes set if it's (loss of) vacuum related.

Sometimes the barbed hose fitting on the CC solenoid breaks and allows a vacuum leak. Internally, the wires are extremely thin. Almost hair like.

It's possible that there is a break in one of them. Usually at the point where they terminate at the connector prongs. Can't see the break except with the aid of magnification. Swap solenoid with a known good one (from a salvage yard maybe) to see if the problem goes away.

John F.

Guest my3buicks

You can go into most auto part stores, Amazon or eBay and find a kit to do the job. The kit comes with a moist towelette that cleans the area and also has an activator in it. Then there is a small pouch with a clear epoxy and some kind of conductive material that you kneed together within the pouch and then apply. You hold the tab on the spot for a minute and let dry 24 hours before reattaching the plug. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HBGKWE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1429281840&sr=8-2&keywords=rear+defroster+repair+kitπ=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51g-eo1vQ5L&ref=plSrch#

Guest InfernoX90

Did the A/C. got most of it back together, i just hope i used the proper line seals, cause it came with alot of different ones, the thick one filled hole the but the thine one was not as wide but fitted the hose. It was a delphi compressor. I will hate if i have to take the parts back out.

Guest my3buicks
post-30591-143143079407_thumb.jpgFinally done under the Reatta, I have been under it all week cleaning and detailing. I am running out of time, the first weekend of May is fast approaching and that's the AACA Spring national meet in Virginia Beach VA.