Sign in to follow this  
keiser31

1931 Dodge DH6 business coupes

Well, I finally got my 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe running after four years of it sitting in my shop without a clutch and transmission in it. I worked diligently for two weeks fixing, tightening, replacing, rebuilding and re-installing whatever it took to get the car on the road again. "I am as happy as a little girl" (as they used to say on Saturday Night Live). New brakes, fresh oil, new anti-freeze and zoom, zoom, zoom. Doing this has given me the inspiration to finish the restoration of my first 1931 DB coupe. I will soon be documenting the past progress and the future installments of it's restoration. For now, here is my first attempt at a Youtube video of my car as it awakens from it's four year hibernation.....

post-37352-143138918911_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138918921_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138918929_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138918939_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138918941_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Congratulations Keizer. I'm envious. Mine has refused to start so far. Can't wait for the day.

Way to go John, man that's a great looking car. The only thing that might be better is having two. :-) Congrats on sticking with it and getting it going.

Way to go John, man that's a great looking car. The only thing that might be better is having two. :-) Congrats on sticking with it and getting it going.

Dean...the red one is the one I have had for about 45 years and will finish. The dark blue one is my daily driver. I REALLY wanted to document everything with photos on the blue car revival, but with all of the grease and brake fluid all over me, I did not want to mess up my camera.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

John, it's great to see one running especially as a daily driver. Looking forward to your revival of the red car, with its long personal connection to you that will definitely be a labor of love. Good luck!