1936 Dodge Truck info and parts needed

Guest Jen_

Purchased this a week ago and just picked up this week. From what I can tell its 1935 to 1936 Dodge truck thats 1 ton or bigger? Could use as much information for this as I can as I not seen one with this long of a bed on it before in this size or year.

On the way home I met another person at gas station who asked if I needed some more parts for this truck for which I asked what he had. It turns out he had a piece I was missing for the dash and a couple doors and a 1/2 ton pickup bed and a few other pieces. So a deal was reached and I bought those parts as well to bring home.

What I am in need of most from what I see is windshield crank assembly and crank handle . I am sure I am missing alot more pieces as I go through this

1930s_%20Dodge_02.jpg

1930s_%20Dodge_03.jpg

DSCN3449.JPG

DSCN3454.JPG

DSCN3453.JPG

Edited by Jen_ (see edit history)

Looks to me like a 1936 one ton with the full running boards and single rear wheels. It is definitely a '36, not positive about the size.

thank you , it does indeed look to be 36

hugs

Jen

Very cool truck with that original bed.

gratefull that person decided to sell it rather than to turn it in to yard art as he intended to do. he's the one who did the damage to front fenders as well .

sad to say there is a graham truck there as well that will be yard art . i could only save this one for now maybe later on he will change his mind on the other.

still need to find windshield crank assembly , am wondering of other manufacturers used the same ?

Jen

The windshield crank assembly is a VERY difficult item to find for the 1936 Dodge. Plymouth used a similar item....maybe even the very same unit.

thats what i am wondering also , on another website is a chevy windshield crank assembly of 1936 which also looks the same as a picture i have of a 1936 dodge car so i wonder if it is.

Jen

• 6 months later...

Jen, Your photos are coming up "file not found" but I'd like to see some pics. I love those express trucks. I have a crank handle from a '36 car you can have but it needs painted and a new knob. D and D automobilia in North carolina would probably make new knobs for you as he made some for my Dodge and they came out great. He should still have the molds which is half the battle! Pm me with your address if you're interested. Jim

Hi Jen

I saw your truck first on Google, there was also a picture of two rear fenders, was that yours also? Thanks. Greg

yes the truck did come with the rear fenders

I am looking for a drivers rear fender, I saw the pair by themselves but did not know if they were part of your truck or ones for sale. Greg

understand , if i see any for sale i will let you know

Jen

• 1 month later...