Sign in to follow this  
1991vette

Help with old brass lights

I purchased a lot of car parts and these lights were found in a box. Can anyone help me Identify them? Someone at hershey told they were for an underslung but i can't find any picture to identify them.

post-84363-143138912439_thumb.jpg

post-84363-143138912452_thumb.jpg

post-84363-14313891246_thumb.jpg

Maybe some Australian Model Ts were fitted with Gray&Davis when they were uncrated at the dock since many were Canadian chassis only. Here in the USA Henry was using Edmond & Jones ( along with others), perhaps that is what Manuel was thinking of.

Without a stamped car logo on top, these would have been used on many different makes. They are 1911 year style ( first 2 digits of the model marking) and have an 8" reflector ( last digit) making them a large lamp.

Gray and Davis lights were accessory items unless stamped with the logo of the auto manufacturer. Ford used E&J, Atwood Castle, Brown, Victor, and Corcoran during the T era.

Cadillac used Gray & Davis for many years, but their Script logo was on the light typically. Early lights were accessory items used by many manufacturers, so finding the correct year is more important. I think Layden is close, but sometimes model number and patent numbers don't necessarily coincide with production years. Someone has to have a G&D 118 on their auto. Just my opinion.

Good luck in your search.