Back To That 96 Buick Century, Another problem.

Dandy Dave

Hopefully, you kept your earlier receipt?

Minimum 55psi to pop the injectors. Anything less is "cranking time". We sold MANY more fuel pumps/pump modules than we did fuel pressure regulators for port-injected engines. Just our experiences . . .

Glad you finally got things going again!

NTX5467

Don't worry, I beat their butts for selling me bad parts. ;)

Nothing like doing things twice because of low quality in a high cost part. I did gain a lot about knowlege about the operating systems trying to figure this one out because of it. Also fixed a few gremlins in the process. Remember when I said the door locks would snap open and closed sometimes when the wipers were on. That was because of the cobbed in anti thieft device that I found and removed as it does not do that anymore. She's good for another hundred thousand miles at least. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Hands on does allow a better understanding of the inner workings. The engineers are looking to achieve that magical ratio with engine and electronic design. That ratio is 14:1(fuel to oxygen). Best performance and emission control. The engineers have been quite successful.

If you have not already done this, the throttle bore gets a lot of black coke build up. Cleaning the bore provides a host of better throttle response and idle. Use carb cleaner and a rag. Wipe inside the bore as you hold the throttle open. Engine off of course.

Everything is very clean inside but I will note your advice for later use. Thanks everyone for the advice the last bunch of days. The car really runs good now as I have put 100 miles on it in the last few days and I now have to keep an eye on the speedometer as it runs so good it get going a little faster than I normally drive. Waaaaaaa Hoooooooo. Ride em Cowboy! :D Dandy Dave!