Sign in to follow this  
Curti

Dawson plugs

Is there anyone reproducing Dawson plugs? I need some for a 35-36 Auburn

So they aren't sparkplugs, got this on a Google search. http://forums.aaca.org/f119/dawson-plugs-305859.html

Dawson plugs are inserted into the doors of open cars that do not have roll up windows. They retain then side curtins.

Yup that showed up when I Googled as well. Mr Henry Yeska is no longer motivated to make them. Some one out there must reproduce them............

George Jepson if he is still living. I think in NJ. I bought two sets from him in 1992

I hope George is alive and well??? I remember he and the Packard speedster on the Grand Classic,,,,,east coast to Packards proving grounds,,summer of 1955,,,Will wait word,,,Ben

What city in NJ does George live?

I went thru the same trouble a year ago on my 1929 Chrysler roadster. The only thing I found that was suitable was from A&L parts specialties in Canton Ct. I bought ones for a model A deluxe phaeton cut them down and they look nice in the top of the doors.

Unfortunately George Jepson passed away about 8 years ago-just going from memory. He and his wife Bea were absolutely wonderful people. I believe George was 97 years old when he passed. A full life for sure.

Chris

Curt,

Sent you an e-mail link to Vintage reproductions. Are these what you need?

Just bought a set. Good quality.

Dennis

It seems that there are many different styles of Dawson plugs. I guess this comes as no suprise. They were used on many cars that did not have roll-up windows.

These are 35-36 Auburn. They are spring loaded so the button fills the hole when not in use. Does anyone recognize these as interchangeable with Packard or some other make?

It seems that there are many different styles of Dawson plugs. I guess this comes as no suprise. They were used on many cars that did not have roll-up windows.

These are 35-36 Auburn. They are spring loaded so the button fills the hole when not in use. Does anyone recognize these as interchangeable with Packard or some other make?

my 1930 studebaker GJ commander uses these too.