Photo help?

John Gelfer

Hi John - when adding or adding a reply you need to "go advanced" - when there you will find a box below that reads "manage attachments" click there and a pop-up window will open so you can browse for your picture.

From there you can post pictures up to some size (which I'm not sure of )by "uploading" them - then once done there is a "close window" button to the bottom of the pop-up

Additionally - you can type a responce on the bottom of a post BEFORE hitting the "go Advanced" without losing what was typed thus far.

Preview it, and submit if you like it...

post-31809-143138909264_thumb.jpg

Ok Moneypit- that's one of my favorite pieces of sheet music. How bout taking a few more pics and lets get that thread going again on the memorabilia page. Lots to choose from, and I've got a good friend nearby who also collects - I'd bet between the three of us we could wallpaper a room/garage!

Terry

Don't bet on that Terry - I have only 2 pieces of sheet music framed - the Cole & Barney Google both of which came from a yard sale less than 3 miles from my house for the whopping sum of $1.00 - I also have the 1915 hit "The Little Ford Rambled Right Along" but it's not framed yet Sherman on the other hand has a pile of Ford related music none of which are framed.

post-31809-143138912912_thumb.jpg

Posting a picture is pretty straight forward. Sizing it is not! Here's how Microsoft does it.

1. Find your picture and double click on it

2.Click on the drop down arrow labelled "open" at the top right on the toolbar

3. Double Click on "Microsoft Office Picture Manager

4.Click on 'Picture" in the toolbar above your picture and scroll down to "Resize" then Double click it.(a new toolbar to the right of your picture will open)

5.Move your cursor down to the circle labelled % of original width and height, and click on it

6. Click and hold the down arrow until you reach 1330x890 pixels. This will give you roughly the 193.5 kb you need to send a JPEG.

7.Close Picture Manager and save your work when prompted. Your picture is now resized and can be sent when you browse for it!

Try this first - find the picture you want to post in an explorer window, point at the file and "right-click" the mouse, most newer computers will offer a "re-size" option in the drop-down box - the resizer in my computer gives me an option for small, medium, or large based on the screen size of the device I'm sending it to - so long as the new file size is around 100kb it posts just fine for me.