Olds Fiesta

buick5563

Does a 53 Fiesta have an accessory position on the ignition key cylinder?

I was helping someone trying to figure a drain issue, and something felt 60's GM about the way the ignition was set up.

Forgive my ignorance, I actually tried to start it by pushing the gas pedal to start like a Buick.

Thanks

Someone with more experience on 53's than me will have to give the definitive answer, but from what I'm seeing in the 53 shop book, I think it does have an ACC position.

Wiring diagram shows an ACC terminal on the ignition switch that feeds the radio and heater-defroster (consistent with things you'd want power for with the engine off), and ignition lock cylinder removal references turning the key to the left.

You're forgiven for not knowing about Oldsmobile's advanced starting system!;)

Does a 53 Fiesta have an accessory position on the ignition key cylinder?

I was helping someone trying to figure a drain issue, and something felt 60's GM about the way the ignition was set up.

Forgive my ignorance, I actually tried to start it by pushing the gas pedal to start like a Buick.

Thanks

I have a 55 and they take the same ignition switch #1116504 and operate the same way..Tedd

You can hang out with us here in Oldsworld any old time.

Tedd- you're saying that the 55 switch does have an accessory position?

You talking about moving back UP made me look twice at the way the Forums are laid out. I was almost thinking Peter G had laid the GM forums out in Mr. Sloan's hierarchy, but I see the Cadillac, Chevy and Pontiac folks are down below the Buick and Olds.

The other AACA-GM crowd should aspire to being as active as the BCA Forums are.

Edited by rocketraider (see edit history)

You can hang out with us here in Oldsworld any old time.

Tedd- you're saying that the 55 switch does have an accessory position?

You talking about moving back UP made me look twice at the way the Forums are laid out. I was almost thinking Peter G had laid the GM forums out in Mr. Sloan's hierarchy, but I see the Cadillac, Chevy and Pontiac folks are down below the Buick and Olds.

The other AACA-GM crowd should aspire to being as active as the BCA Forums are.

It's on the dash and it has an accessory position. I should have been more specific.....Tedd