38Buick 80C

Are you a BCA Member  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a BCA Member

• Yes, and frequently visit and/or post
    • Yes, but infrequently visit and/or post
    • No, but frequently visit and/or post
    • No

Brian, I am an AACA member but not a BCA member. I have a 1939 Buick and check the AACA General and Buick Forums here daily, and sometimes several times a day.

John V.

John,

The AACA Forum specifically the Buick Pre-War Forum has become THE place for 1939 Buick owners. There are quite a few of '29 Buick owners on here and there is a good exchange of information.

Of course if there is anything we can do for you at the Buick Club, just let us know!

Bob,

Perhaps you can scan and upload the flyer. I checked their website and couldn't find that information. In fact it shows their National is in Kalamazoo, MI for 2012.

Regardless, I can say that $5 would not even cover the postage for 6 months of the Bugle, so not sure how they would make that pencil, but I guess it works for them, which is great that they can do that. If we were on calendar year dues instead of rolling dues, we would be able to probably offer a half year membership or something similar at the national meet, but with rolling dues you get 12 months from the date you join.

***I know your were referring to the AACA meet in Reading, PA with your trailer comment, but I wanted to clarify in case anyone misunderstood. The BCA National also has free trailer parking.

Also I don't for see any dues increases for the BCA in the near future unless inflation goes through the roof or the post office decides they want to charge significantly more.

Oops. Egg all over my face (again). It's not the WPC but the NCPC. I'm sure their mag is more a newsletter and I understand the cost issues of giving free mags for even part of a year. That said there is something welcoming and inviting when you say to someone "Hey, we'll make you a member for a day for only $5, come on hang out with us." Just Sayin..........

BTW, I didn't mean to imply Buick charged for trailer parking. My bad.

Oops. Egg all over my face (again). It's not the WPC but the NCPC. I'm sure their mag is more a newsletter and I understand the cost issues of giving free mags for even part of a year. That said there is something welcoming and inviting when you say to someone "Hey, we'll make you a member for a day for only $5, come on hang out with us." Just Sayin..........

BTW, I didn't mean to imply Buick charged for trailer parking. My bad.

OK, no biggie, but I did go and check into it as you suggested and then obviously got confused, but now I understand. Can't hurt to learn, right. I agree it is nice to say hey come be a member for a day at $5. With the BCA it is come be a member for a day for $20. I don't know how $20 was the value determined whenever it was determined, but that's what's been used. Just looking at what they charge for membership $5 is 20% so if BCA matched it on a percentage it would be come be a member for a day for $10, which his still pretty attractive. Something to look into more for sure. I think so far we have about 3 non members registered already for this years meet, so we'll hopefully show them a good time and they will have a good experience.