Sign in to follow this  
tcslr

1932 chevrolet dashboard

On my 32 - which I believe is original - I do not have the 'HEAT' knob. Did Chevrolet change mid year? The manual ( repor) shows the 'HEAT' knob.

Tom

Tom,

I have two '32 Confederates here. Both are original but the "Standard" doesn't have a Heat knob. The "Master" does. I hope this helps you. Also the Standard has the spare on the rear and the master has two (2) spares in the right and left front fenders.

Normbc9

Mr Normbc9, What is the difference between "Standard' and "Master'? just the tires?

Mr Normbc9, What is the difference between "Standard' and "Master'? just the tires?

There is an entirely different width in the body and is really noticeable in the interiors. The Master is two (2) inches wider in the body section. The front fender on the Standard (unless ordered with options) does have the spare tire wells. The Master had upgraded instruments, seats, upholstery, exterior adornments like a fold rear luggage rack and even a more extensive exterior paint two tone display. The Master had two cowl mount parking lamps. The Standard had the parking lamps enclosed withing the headlamp housing. The reflectors in the front lights on one is a complete inverted dish; the other has a small hole at the bottom to accommodate the parking lamp bulbs. The rear quarter vent window cranks on the Master had a Butterfly shape. The Standard had small cranks. The front window on both would crank down and inch or two to enhance air movement but the Master has a "T" handle to do this, the Standard had a small crank for that job. The power train on both was identical but the torque tube length of the Master was 2.6 inches longer than on than Master in the four door enclosed sedan models. If you PM me I'll send you photo's of all the '32 Chevrolet auto line I have in a Factory prospectus.

Normbc9

Double check the facts on a 1932 Master.......do not believe there was such a car built. The Master / Standard designation did not arrive until 1933 with Chevrolet. There were Standard and Deluxe models. The Standard did not have cowl lights with the Deluxe did. the Standard had painted louvers and the Deluxe were Chrome. There was not a difference in the bodies from Standard to Deluxe.

I own six of them. All '32's. Give me a email address and I'll send photos. One is a Sedan Delivery too.

Normbc9

Tom,

Bracket for which model? Car, truck, or.... I do see side mount brackets for '37 and up pickup trucks at Jim Davis.

Normbc9

For a car. Where the truck brackets larger and/pr wider or the reverse? Tom

Tom,

The one I have seen and even mounted were the same for the cars and the sedan delivery. The tall cab pickup trucks and the Canopy express side tire mounts were a bit wider and even looked a little different. Look at the lug bolt hole patterns and that will help. They are different. I used to have a template I made up. If I can find it I'll send you a copy to your P/M.

Normbc9

I have owned a 1932 chevy for 40 years Restored it my self There is a stantard or deluxe . Both use the body and drive .The differ is chrome hood doors & cowl lites among otherthings . Most were standards because of the cost in 1932. My car was restored 30 years ago when there was little in the way of repro parts I have the org Radio and heaterDaul side mounts Trunk, Dual wipers Th is car is no trailer Queen. It has been on 9 Gliddens plus other tours If I can I will post pic.

The Chevrolet Master first appeared in the 1933 passenger models. The Master series "CA" had a different engine, larger wheelbase and larger tires than the Standard model series "CC". The 1932 Chevrolet passenger car only had the Confederate model (series BA). You could get a standard model or a deluxe model. The deluxe model had chromed hood louvers, cowl lights and I believe dual sidemount tires. Accessories like a second trumpet horn, an extra tailight, hood ornament, an extra wiper and trunks (2 different styles) were also available for both models as well.