Guest Klemat63

Guest Klemat63

Here is what I want to do. I want to install a 1998 3.8L series 2 supercharger engine into 1998 3.8L Buick Reatta! Anyone ever do this or something similar? If so, how did you go about it? What reference material do I need to make this work? Anything like this documented somewhere? Would appreciate any advice on the subject! Thanks

Yeah I am sorry...it was a 88... I am just doing some research for a friend and from what I am getting the computers in a reg engine and a supercharger series 2 need tweaked for a swap to be possible? I am correct with this assumption?...anything else special that would need done?

Edited by Klemat63 (see edit history)

Guest Recian

Sinister Performance, LLC.

Theyve done the 3800 supercharged swap into reattas, fieros and park avenues. SeriesI and SeriesII. They've also done a northstar swap too if im not mistaken. From what i've heard is you'll need the OBDI (not OBDII which 98 would have) ecm from the series2 but it has to be programmed so it'll communicate with the IPC and BCM/IPC. I've seen it done and work properly. A guy posted it awhile back. Theyre also the guys to talk to about ECM PROM chip programming to convert the reatta to seriesI (easiest swap, doesnt even require motor swapped)