Glass on instrument panel

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

Folks I was trying to remove the chrome trim around my instrument cluster (48 Continental) and busted the glass cover over the instruments. I have an extra instrument cluster that has a good glass but the instruments are not so nice. What is the correct way to take the glass out of the cluster? I now know that the chrome trim has metal retainers on the inside. I hate having to learn the hard way. Thanks Harry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harry Connors

Folks, anyone have an extra to sell or know where I can obtain the glass for the instrument cluster? I need to finish up the dashboard. Thanks Harry

Guest B1rdman

can you have a glass shop cut a new piece for you??

if not Lowes sells plexiglas you could cut and not fear it breaking

it is as clear as glass

gene

Guest Harry Connors

Hi Gene thanks for the tip but I am stationed in Germany and the only glass shop that I know of and took it to said they could not do it because the glass was for a car! No Lowes here I am afraid. I will keep trying the ads and eBay. Thanks Harry

Guest Harry Connors

John I sure could use one. Interesting is that both the one that came out of my 48 Continental and the spare instrument cluster both have glass and they both are busted/cracked. I will contact you off forum. Thanks Harry