'41 Continental Cabriolet Headlight Switch Removal

Michael L.

Guest 40-41 connies

Most of the head light switches I have removed have a small area on the switch behind the

dash that you would push into to release the locking pin that holds the push pull rod.

I have mine out of the car ('41 Zephyr sedan) and am looking at it. There's an L-shaped brass tab riveted to the L-shaped piece ("slider") that the shaft engages in and that slides back and forth. To release the shaft you will need to press the brass tab so it is flat against the slider using a small flat screwdriver. Then use a pair of pliers to rotate the shaft about 90 degrees and it should come right out. If you need a photo I could get you one on Saturday.

Dave

Thanks Doug and Dave. I think a photo may be useful for this because I am working on it lying on my back under the dash. I don't want to remove the dash at this time.

Doug: This is the mildest winter we have ever had in Saskatoon. I'm a supporter of global warming if this is any indication of the effect. When are you coming up to visit us again?

Thanks Guys,

Mike L.

Thanks for your photo Dave. That did the trick for me. I cleaned up the switch and reinstalled it on the weekend. I don't know if you have ever installed a new wiring harness, but that's what I am working on. Its a big job.

Thanks again.

Mike L.