1935-36 Ford Coupes

Dosmo

Some, but not all, of these coupes had rumble seats. A friend has a vintage photo of her dad's car - from the photo angle, can't tell if it is 1935 or 1936. It is a 3-window coupe. The handle to open the trunk/rumble seat lid, whichever it may be, is at the top of the lid, near the bottom of the rear window. I have seen other photos of these cars where the handle was at the bottom of the lid near the top of the spare tire, or tar, if you're from the South. Would it be correct to say rumble seat cars had the handle at the top of the trunk lid? And, did some 5 window coupes have rumble seats?

You guys that have owned these cars would certainly know better than I would about this - is it possible that the inside handle to which you refer might be to lower the rear window? The rear windows did lower on some of these cars, didn't they?

Well, I am going to recant my last statement, I took a little more in depth look at my 36 deck lid. my car was mildly hot rodded years ago and it appears the hole for the latch looking from the inside has been filled. also it appears NOT to have been an original rumble seat car as the filled hole is at the bottom of the lid. you learn something new even about your own cars every day. also the rear window of my 36 three window does roll down.