What happened to the Thread I started????

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

I started a thread about the idiot(s) that went into a mans garage and tore up his 1942 truck, and now I see that this thread appears to have been removed. What gives? I deserve an explanation about this. I don't mean by way of a PM, but here on this thread!

Why???, What was wrong with it?

Guest dminer

I was looking for it too because someone mentioned they were going to that show and I was curious as to how it all went down, so to speak. I thought I was just missing it somewhere!

Wow, it got deleted??? Must've been by mistake...

I think they are just delete happy on this forum. This forum deletes more than any other forum I am on. Usually just in case possibly maybe it could at some point perhaps offend someone. At times I have wondered if it is even worth posting here since any type of discussion just gets deleted.

Guest bofusmosby

I found that the last poster might have gotten a bit more angry with the old guy that owns the truck, so maybe that is why they removed it, but give me a break, did they have to remove the complete thread? After all, we are all supposed to be adults here, aren't we?

Well LINC400, do you think they got offended when I referred to the person(s) that did this to the truck as "Scum"?

If someone posted on this thread, and they didn't like what the poster said, OK, then remove THAT post, NOT the complete thread!

Edited by bofusmosby (see edit history)

Well before this gets deleted as well, calling them scum probably did not help. But they use far worse language than that on the Lincoln and other forums. Personally I think I would rather have the more offensive posts allowed rather than having everything censored and deleted.

I have said many times before that only the offensive post(s) should be removed, not an entire 3-5 page topic with plenty of useful info and discussion. I have seen one moderater do just that, and remove only the offensive stuff.

However, there is another on here that deletes multipage posts without there even being any specific offensive posts. I am convinced he justs deletes whatever he does not like or doesn't agree with.

Guest bofusmosby

I'm sorry, but to call the person or persons that damaged this old truck "Scum", is quite mild in my book. For anyone to go out of their way to do this, not just to the truck, but to the old man as well. This just ain't right! I can think of many many more accurate words to describe those responsible. Scum is quite mild in my book, when it comes to describing someone like that.

There were multiple posts that were in violation of the forum rules. When that sort of thing happens it is not unusual for an entire thread to be pulled. Sometimes a moderator is willing to go through such a discussion and edit out the offending posts and return the discussion to the original forum. This may happen when a moderator has enough time to do the editing, or it may not. There is no guarantee. Many moderators are currently busy in Melbourne, so I would not expect to see it anytime soon. It might be a good idea to review the forum rules. There is also no reason to further discuss this issue, so I will be closing this discussion.