Sign in to follow this  
roguewave

1946 Buick Special 4 door 3500 bucks, OBO ***with video of it running

Well, after much thought (and discussion with my wife :() I have decided to sell this ol feller. I bought it fresh out of the barn where it sat since the early 80"s. It was trucked out (early 80"s) from Nebraska where it was originally purchased to here in Texas. It was last registered in 1966 and has 66,000 original miles on it. I plan on getting it running because people have asked me if the motor is froze up or any good. I will get the motor fired up sometime this week.... I hope, that is all Im going to do to it. I have not even washed the dirt and dust off of it. The rust appears to be surface rust only with the bumpers showing signs of some pretty good pitting. Need more pictures, let me know.

Thanks

Rob

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by roguewave (see edit history)

This is more than likely a Super. The front fender looks like the shorter one cpompared to the Roadmaster.

Lift the hood on right side, photo the cowl tag and post, or just read what MODEL NUMBER. 40= SPECIAL, 50=SUPER.

Dale in Indy

The tag says

1946 MOD. Nothing after this

Style No 46(or 4G) 4569

Body No G41874 it looks like.

Trim no 52

Got the ol' feller running!

One of the valves is hung up, I'll work on it.

Dale, it is blank ??? not sure what that is about.

I did find out the original owner was a wealthy business man in Nebraska.

Guest BJM

It's not a Special. It has Airfoil styling so it must be a Super or a Roadmaster. Airfoil styling is what Buick called the continuous fender line from front to back through the doors.

Specials had the front fender end before the front doors.

Style number says it all. 46 is the year. 4569 as follows: 4=Buick, 5=Series 50(Super), 69=4 door sedan. Hope you have luck getting it to run.

The emblem on the front and rear bumper lic. plate bar should spell out the model too.

Glassesguy said it all.

Dale in Indy

Wow, if I had 3500 bucks I'd be taking a road trip to Texas!! Love these old dusty barn finds. Do you have any pictures of the grill/front end? Hope the ol' feller goes to a good home.

got any interior shots?

Well, got it rolling on its own today, clutch works fine and it shifts fine. Think I'm about done working on it, hopefully someone will buy it. I guess eBay is the best although I'm not familiar with it.

Video,

Is that 1966 oil in it? Did you clean out the gas tank? How are the brakes? It looks like a good deal for $3500.... ;)

Oil could very well be 1966, the original owner passed in 1966 and it sat. It was trucked to Texas in the early 80's ( where the son lived who inherited it) and was drove around the neighborhood breifly then parked, again. He passed and I bought it.

Brakes are shot, tires are shot but hold air nicely since I put new tubes in em. Interior is original I think, needs redone. I never messed with the tank, just disconnected the fuel line at the carb and ran a temporary fuel supply. Oil pressure is around 35 at idle. Both front glasses are cracked, the only ones.

Ask away...

Rob

I would suggest putting it on Craigslist locally and also in some big cities like Dallas and Houston. It's free and you won't have to deal with people thousands of miles away. Just use a different email address with each ad. Good luck....

I'm in Marble Falls Bill, the ol' feller is sitting inside, waiting for ya. Take a nice Sunday drive up this way, the bluebonnets are outstanding this year!

Rob

well, this is the last shot at selling it here before doing something different. Have some people wanting to do a rat rod thing, I was hoping somebody here would save it, I guess not. (cant believe its to much money, i guess I should have asked 500 bucks)

Thanks for you for your time, you have a good forum.

later