Sign in to follow this  
john2dameron

Show at Winchester VA

Is it still at the park near the Union Cemetery and do they still have the flea market? I haven't been there for years! I remember that they always had a large number of real antique cars!

Hi- yes, it's at Jim Barnett park. It usually is on the grass, but when it rains they back it up to the parking lot. There's a flea market too.

When I first moved to Winchester (1988) there were 500 to 600 cars showing up for this show. Now, it's down in the 250 or so range, but always a nice show for sure....

Here's the local club website with some information. The Friday before the show, there's an Early Bird tour that goes to some place of interest in the area, always a nice treat....

SR-AACA

I got a flyer from the club a few weeks ago. Here is some information.

Friday: The tour departs from the Holiday Inn located on Route 522 South just south of Golden Corral Restaurant and COSTCO. (did not give a time) Caravans to vintage Motorcar Co/Restoration, 365 Arden-Nollville Road, Inwood, WV. Host: John Bassler and Paul Rose.

The show on Saturday starts at 7AM with vendor setup, and then registration from 8 until 11AM. Pre-registration fee is $14 and day of is $17.

Send registration fee to Linda Comontofski, 1501 West King St., Martinsburg, WV 25401

abmeet@huskyclub.com

The meet chairman is Duane Catlett, 540-869-6668 or cell 540-533-7376. I think that Duane would have the start time of the Friday tour.

State year of car, make, model and if you want it judged or not.

Hope this helps.

The Shenandoah Region AACA did a great job with the meet. The Early Bird Tour and Reception on Friday were fun as well as the show on Saturday. We attended the meet for many years in the past but haven't for the past several years. I am glad we decided to start attending this event's activities again and participated on both Friday and Saturday. Congratulations to the Shenandoah Region AACA for a well done job!

Thanks to all the great folks who braved the raindrops to show off their beautiful cars.

We didn't count; but there were probably 100 or so. It always includes a good group of Hudsons- as they have a large meet nearby. We took some great pictures as the light drizzle began-the raindrops really set off pictures of black cars. The flea market was moved to high round to avoid the production of mud; and it had some great bargains. We got a pair of late 1930's GM 17-inch artillery wheels for $20; and a 1937 GMC crank hole surround (chrome-plated casting) for $4. Another vendor had some great old Arrow brand lights still new in the box. Although it frequently attracks rain, this show is a "can't miss" on our calendar. Thanks again to the Region for a great event.