Police car light

I am looking for a light that mounted on the roof top (front portion of roof) that was made of glass that set in a metal framework, lit up, and had raised letters that spelled out the word "Police". This is something that would be 1930's to 1940"s vintage. My email address is: pint4@new.rr.com or 920-851-7062.

Thanks,

Bob

I am looking for a light that mounted on the roof top (front portion of roof) that was made of glass that set in a metal framework, lit up, and had raised letters that spelled out the word "Police". This is something that would be 1930's to 1940"s vintage. My email address is: pint4@new.rr.com or 920-851-7062.

Thanks,

Bob

Try getting hold of this Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/groups/105008507506/

This should take you to, Friends of the California Law Enforcement Historical Society, They are a California Museum and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Figured you were. That stuff is hard to find. I am always looking for stuff too. I was involved in the restoration of a 28 DB back in 87, when I was still working as a Deputy Sheriff. I am now retired and now take care of the restoration. I donate my time to take it around to car shows and displays. Hard to believe I've been involved with this project for over 20 years. The project was completed with out spending a dime of tax payer monies, all donations! The restoration was done by the inmates at the California Men's Colony in San Luis Obispo, through their Vocational Education Department. We supplied the parts, they supplied the labor or love.

I still actively seek grants and donations as our county won't budget any funds for the upkeep and Lord knows it's always an on going project!

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I attend a few local, all law enforcement shows and there are usually old police cars. Let me know what you need and I'll watch for them. I can be reached, best, by email; juantejeda@yahoo.com.

Here is a picture of our Paddy Wagon.

post-36483-14313888418_thumb.jpg