Sign in to follow this  
sconnors

Favorite or Most Desired Buick

My labor of love is my 1957 Model 48 Tourback Sedan. But I would not mind either a 1957 Caballero or a 1939 Buick Model 60 Century. Always wanted a station wagon of the 50's and the 39 is for my mom..her favorite car from childhood.

My labor of love is my 1957 Model 48 Tourback Sedan. But I would not say no to either a 1957 Caballero or a 1939 Buick Model 60 Century or a 1950 Roadmaster. Always wanted a station wagon of the 50's and the 39 is for my mom..her favorite car from childhood. The 50 is a car my grandfather had and loved until 1963.

My father had a 1963 Electra 225 convertible. He bought it in October of 1962. It was white with red leather upholstery.

I have owned a lot of cars, but I have always had a soft spot for that one.

Scott, I believe we have the BEST. 1950!!

Ben

I do love my 1950 Buick Special, but as everyone has said it's tough to choose just one!

1971 or '72 Riviera. The boattail styling is just so cool it's hard to believe it even made it into production on a regular car. And the beltline and side trim hark back to the 1950's.

1965 Riviera, The razor edge styling and hidden headlights make it so sleek.

Anything 1950 - 1957 seems just so iconically Buick and instantly recognizable. Especially hardtop coupes and convertibles. And the 1953 Skylark seems to be the ultimate in this time frame.

1938 has such a cool art deco grille and front. Too bad it only lasted the one year. But the waterfall grilles that came later are definitely more of a trademark.

If I had to pick just one, I think I'd go with the boattail Riviera though. So unlike anything else on the road even then. I wish the interior was a little less plasticky though.

I must admit I am disappointed that ne-er a Buick Woodie was nominated for the favorite, but perhaps I am biased!!

My favorite is shown here, a 1951 Super Estate Wagon which I have been slaving over for the last several years.

The latter pics show it in its forlorn condition when it arrived here.

Anybody who has replaced all the screws into these Woodies knows what I mean, leave alone the wood!!

There is a fortune of screws in these relics, but worth every twisting of the screwdriver.

When this is done, I am working on a pair of Estate Wagons, a 1950 and a 1952, both Roadmasters, and they will probably preempt this Super as my favorite, but right now, this is it.

Cheers, Mike

post-79354-143138882927_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138882933_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138882939_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138882945_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138882951_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138882957_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138883213_thumb.jpg

post-79354-14313888322_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138883226_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138883232_thumb.jpg

A few I'd like: a fully loaded '53 Roadmaster Riviera hardtop (must have A/C!), a fully loaded 55 Century 4 door hardtop. A fully loaded 1959 Electra Riviera with auto heat and Flightpitch transmission. A '65 Wildcat Custom coupe with all options but the cruise control or automatic transmission (that means I'd want a 4 speed!)...

I'd love a woodie like Mike posted.. If only I could afford one!

Probably next Buick if like to buy would be a black '59 Electra convertible. Must be black though. Preferably with a white top and red interior.

Next would be an '87 GN. Then a '54 Skylark (one can dream!) love the '65 Rivieras though too.

This is a hard one, but my absolute favorite would be the '38

-1938 Century Sports Coupe convertible, 425 Nailhead/4speed, Bright Yellow/red/red, color coded Buick Rallys, rumble seat, no side mounts

-1950 Roadmaster fastback coupe, 4" chop, 455/4 speed, '52 chrome fins, '53 Skylark wires, 5 functional ventiports, Midnight Blue/white, dark blue tint

-1953 Skylark white/red/white

-1954 Skylark triple turquoise with white wheel wells

-1958 Limited coupe, '57 rear 3 window, black/white inside and out, '54 Skylark wires, big elaborate continental kit setup

-1959 Electra convertible, triple Desert Sage, bucket seats

-1970 GSX

-1971 Riviera GS, purple/white inside and out, split front bumper, painted rear bumper, split rear window

A '46 woody and '58 hearse would both be way cool too.

Edited by The Continental (see edit history)

When it comes to Buicks, I'm partial to the 1960s for the most part.

Some of the Buicks I'd still like to own are:

65 Riviera

64 Wildcat Convertible

Another 71 - 73 Boattail Riviera

OK Buick People: The 65 Riv is by far the sexiest Buick ever. That car just makes me nuttier than I already am. Mitch

Excluding anything FWD, with the gen1 3800:

I guess my first choice would be a 1976 Century pace car. A replica would do, but the ultimate would be one of the actual race prepped cars with the high performance engine.

3148262348_5745a60603.jpg&sa=X&ei=xKFiT53WN6nr0QGq_rmUCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4LA&usg=AFQjCNEcGUYbufd_B7tg9NzSmmvKatH3CQ

Honorable Mention:

1980 Regal Sport Coupe_ light gray with polycast wheels

1973 Grand Sport Stage1_ butterscotch gold

1979 Century Turbo Coupe_ maroon over gold or black/gold

79CenturyTurboCoupe1.jpg&sa=X&ei=8KJiT4C_Oojs0gH2qeSnCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEaauQbOLUdAVSJ0wUy3K4iqT7Tgw

My wish would be to have the car I have right now, completely done with the touch, the feel, the ride, with the experience, all original - completely there, right now! That would be a first for me.

One asks - Does getting there step by step, section by section, part by part deliver more fun or is it having the ability to indulge ones self with immediate gratification that is the basis of this hobby?

My wish would be to have the car I have right now, completely done with the touch, the feel, the ride, with the experience, all original - completely there, right now! That would be a first for me.

One asks - Does getting there step by step, section by section, part by part deliver more fun or is it having the ability to indulge ones self with immediate gratification that is the basis of this hobby?

I think there's something to be said for having the money to go out and buy a perfectly restored car, but most of us (me included) don't have that kind of bank account. For me, buying the car, discovering what needed to be done, and working on it step by step gave me a great sense of accomplishment and my car certainly gave me a life lesson and taught me patience which I admit is something I lack. And at the end of the day, you can see what you've done not just what you bought. Just my two cents...

do I even need to say?

....just flash that arm ink you have and that would say it all!

I have to say, the 53 Skylark is a car that haunts me. A 54 4 hole convert is my dream ride but I will always have a special place set out for the 53 Skylark.

Excluding anything FWD, with the gen1 3800:

I guess my first choice would be a 1976 Century pace car. A replica would do, but the ultimate would be one of the actual race prepped cars with the high performance engine.

3148262348_5745a60603.jpg&sa=X&ei=xKFiT53WN6nr0QGq_rmUCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4LA&usg=AFQjCNEcGUYbufd_B7tg9NzSmmvKatH3CQ

Honorable Mention:

1980 Regal Sport Coupe_ light gray with polycast wheels

1973 Grand Sport Stage1_ butterscotch gold

1979 Century Turbo Coupe_ maroon over gold or black/gold

79CenturyTurboCoupe1.jpg&sa=X&ei=8KJiT4C_Oojs0gH2qeSnCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEaauQbOLUdAVSJ0wUy3K4iqT7Tgw

I remember the Regal Coupe with the sloped back when she was new on the showroom floor. Memories. We had a 78 Buick Regal 2d. My first car I purchased from mom and dad when they were done with it. Just a fantastic car and ran like a champ.

Wow, there are so many..... I've always been partial to the '56 - especially 2 and 4 door Roadmaster hardtops. I've also never forgotten the '65 Skylark GS 401, yellow, white vinyl top, black interior that a neighbor's friend had when I was a teenager. Also had another neighbor that had a white '64 Skylark 2 door hardtop, white with green bucket seat interior with auto on the column. And then, of course, there was the black (in and out) '71 Lesabre 4 door with a 3 on the tree a local guy had here in town. Not a pretty car but I liked it because it was so unusual. Lastly, I miss my verde green '66 Lesabre Custom sedan with 3 on the tree that I sold 7 years ago now ):

My favorite Buick is the 1954 Skylark next is the 1957 Century 66R.

Also, the 1941 Roadmaster 76S is very close to my heart.

Besides my trucks,

my current wish list would be a maui blue Reatta convertible with gray interior, 87 Grand National or GNX, and finally an 84 Skylark T Type with the high output v6 with manual transmission, sunroof and all options.

FAR too many neat things over the years! I kind of go along with Roberta, in some respects . . . a/c in particular. But as both of my Buicks have good running 350s, that's plenty of power for me.

Now, IF I might win a lottery, then a large building might go up and "the indulgence" might start, but not exclusive to Buicks, although Buicks would be prominent. Unfortunately, though, "Too many cars, so little time!"

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Wow. Nice choices guys.. BUT, kind of curious as to why no one picked the '49 models? I guess I'm a bit biased, but I really enjoy the styling of 1949- not just for Buick either! If I did buy another Buick though, I would probably buy something from the early '50s.. hmm. A 1953 Roadie would be nice!

Jerry

1949 Roadmaster