Vinatge GM visor?

aldo1569

A vanity mirror, but I don't think aftermarket since it has the GM logo on it. I'm not sure, but I believe this may be a desirable accessory for about a 1940-41 Chevy. My dim memory may recall seeing this described in one of the Generator & Distributor magazines from the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA), but not positive.

You should consider posting this to the forums at the VCCA website--someone there can positively ID. You have to be a VCCA member to include a picture directly (but anyone can register and post). However, you can upload the image to a free image hosting site like Photobucket and simply include the link in the posting.

If it is what I think, it could be worth significant $$$.

Here's a link to where someone had one for sale. Apparently sold for $135 and doesn't look as good as your mirror.

Edited by 36chev (see edit history)

I may be reaching a bit here, but it would seem from the buttons on this thing it is far more than just a vanity mirror. I've never seen one but it would appear it is some sort of information center for recording various time and mileage events in addition to being a mirror. I think it looks more late 1930s than anytime in the 1940s.

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

Yes, it is more than just a mirror. Most of these had added areas to put mileages for the next or last oil changes and lube jobs. This one has the vanity lights, too which make it worth more.