Tornados and our members

Booreatta

I was just looking thru the Membership roster and ran across a couple of members that live in Marysville Indiana. From seeing the videos of the damage that town was completely leveled. I dont know about any of the other towns in the 12 states affected but I hope that all of our members are safe and I hope they get all of the help needed to recover. It brings back terrible memories when my family went thru tornado damage in 1991 in Wichita. Our damage was not totaled like they are facing with this outbreak. Thinking back to all of the help that we had my heart goes out to the people who live in these 12 states. If anyone hears from any member that has been affected post it here to keep every body informed. The Buick Club is a family when times are tough.

Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers, they will need all of the help they can get

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Our prayers are with all those impacted over the last few years. Don't know if it's better, faster news reporting, or more storms, but it sure seems like hell's broke loose in the USA.

I send condolences to the families of those who have lost members through this rash of storms.

My wife and I stayed up until about 2:00 AM watching the news and decided it was safe to go to bed. About 3:30 we were awakened by what sounded like tornado warning sirens and a train. I ran to the door and opened it and that's just what it was, the train about a half mile away blowing it's horn. Scared the bejesus out of me though.

I was in a friends mobile home partying down when a tornado struck back in the 70's. When we heard it coming I ran out and flung my arms and legs around about an 18 inch oak tree. The trailer ended up rolling off it's foundation but I managed to hang on to that tree. I always chuckle when I hear environmentalists being called "tree huggers". Sheeeeeeit they don't know nuthin 'bout huggin no tree. I gained a respect for tornadoes that night that is still with me today. Those tornado chasers are some crazy &^##$%#%(&. Why would you want to catch something that can kill ya.

Hopefully no one here was hit by this last round. If so please let us know if we can be of any help.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

My mother's parents survived a tornado that flattened downtown Regina, Saskatchewan, in 1912. The east edge of Edmonton was devastated by a Force 4 whopper in 1980. Last year, another tornado hit my mother's hometown, Goderich, Ontario, destroying much of its historic core. I hope our family's curse of threes is now done.