1930 Buick tandem wiper pictures

Guest uprrstand

Guest uprrstand

Looking for views of tandem Buick wiper assemblies so to reproduce for my series 40, can anyone help out? Thanks Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Dear sir, I hope I can help out a bit here, I owned a series 40, 4-door many years ago, and it had a very old, possibly an original tandem wiper on it. As my memory holds, it had a triangular little plate that screwed onto outer header, under visor on passenger side, of course, and that plate, about 1-1/4" at top, tapered down to a rounded point with a screw hole there at bottom, which was even with the bottom of the header panel, ( three screws total, in each corner of the plate), and it had a "stud" that was flush riveted near center of the plate that held the passenger side wiper arm. The stud looked like a cut-off end of a vac. wiper shaft, being about 3/4" long. The unit was linked from the wiper motor arm with a light-weight "U" channel arm made from thin sheet metal, about 20 inches long. this arm was about 1/4" wide and hooked up to the wiper arms with small cotter pins, utilizing the arm ends having a tab with the little hole for the pins. The whole idea is to have a very light-weight link bar, but strong. When you turned on wiper, it would push and pull the arm on passenger side. Clear as mud??? Call me at home if you want, (978)-777-7213. E.S.T.

Guest uprrstand

Thank you very much, I'm going to build a reproduction in the near future, I'll try and make a few at the same time for any other Buicks in need, but I'm very busy now so it will take some time before I start.