I need '56 olds holiday 88 trim parts-which club to join?

Guest pete324rock

Guest pete324rock

I used to belong to the National Antique Oldsmobile club many years ago(before internet)and they had a few ads that were helpful,...but I would like to know which direction I should point to for the greatest chance of finding trim parts.As you know,you have to be a member to see the ads and memberships are not real cheap. I am from Canada......is there a Canadian member of a Canadian Olds club who has access to the ads who can help me out...or any other club for that matter. I need some trim and have some to swap....pete

Have you been to the Classic Oldsmobile forum? It's quite active and a number of members have fifties era cars. They have a parts wanted forum also but often if you post in the vintage forum( that's where most of the 56 guys and girls hang out) some one will have left over trim from a parts car... Tedd

For a while I thought the 56 crowd was gonna take over classicoldsmobile, there were so many of them coming on board :P .

Not to take away from the clubs, but I think Tedd is steering you right. A lot of people including myself are members of both clubs. Most of the parts and cars listed for sale in the Club magazines focus on the Cutlass era. Sometimes you will find some 50s parts, but not that often.

We have a good time on classicoldsmobile and not hard to get signed up.

ClassicOldsmobile.com

Guest pete324rock

Thanks for the replies. I have found a couple sources for the trim. It is a 4 door holiday sedan auburnseeker but thanks anyways. Trim is some pricey...ouch.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jayndar

Hi Pete. Like Tedd has mentioned, the Classic Oldsmobile forum has lots of folks working on '56 Oldsmobiles.

Some of them have spare parts or parts cars. It's worth checking out.

Did you ever get that motor sorted out? Last I heard from you it sounded like you'd be needing pistons.

Guest pete324rock

Yes I still am needing pistons and wrestling with the cost since there seems to be no deals....I may just replace the worst as a cost saving measure. I see piston sets going for upper 300's in price but the shipping is a killer. It makes me a little sad to open up a summit auto parts catalog to see cheap chev parts and nice forged pistons for that price. I am trying to fix one of the stainless pieces, I am pretty good at this but this piece is a near write -off and I have picked it up and put it down probably seven times and said....Noooo Way am I fixing that....! but I spent some time on it and am amazed at my progress and I think I may be able to straighten it. I have already fixed my 56 olds front stainless pan that was twisted...for that I should have gotten a medal.

• 4 weeks later...
For a while I thought the 56 crowd was gonna take over classicoldsmobile, there were so many of them coming on board :P .

Not to take away from the clubs, but I think Tedd is steering you right. A lot of people including myself are members of both clubs. Most of the parts and cars listed for sale in the Club magazines focus on the Cutlass era. Sometimes you will find some 50s parts, but not that often.

We have a good time on classicoldsmobile and not hard to get signed up.

ClassicOldsmobile.com

I registered early this morning for classicoldsmobile.com. I haven't been activated yet. How long does the process take?

Guest pete324rock
I may have some pieces left over from a 56 Super 88 4 door sedan I parted out years ago. IS any of the stainless you need compatable?

see the pics. The door piece must be the length written on the door- super 88 may be shorter and the rear quarter has the same length a a super 88 but the flair at the door end is much wider...and I have lots of those as spares...but thanks for the offer. Again,too bad no Olds web place for 50's mostly...I am restoring my steering wheel at the moment and also dash pad which would provide good learning for someone with pics. Thanks for the offer.

post-31843-143138940016_thumb.jpg

post-31843-143138940019_thumb.jpg